Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first the scary part, Was out riding just getting ready to get on the interstate, and the bike just dies!!!!! No power, engine cuts off, electric cuts off. ( glad i was not on the interstate) I had to reach down turn the key all the way off and then all the way on, to fire the bike back up again.

I get it fired up decided to take the long back way home. I had to get gas (small tank, big motor ). So after filling it up, i turn the key and it wont crank over. I have power all the lights come on, it just wont turn over. So i call a dealer They say we can come pick up the bike and bring it to the shop. 50 bucks of course.

Second part I get home and i finally get a call. Was told that they cant look at it today and before they can look at it i need to do a 50 dollar deposit first, and that i owed them another 50 bucks from a pervious bill. wtf???? Keep in mind i just spent a lot of money on them rebuilding my motor to a 1350 and it drinks oil like a hummer drinks gas

So i figure it out that a while back ( a year ago or maybe 2 years ago )when some of the guys were haveing trouble with the coolent caps, that i tought that i would get mine replaced. I had told them that i think its under warrenty. Well they replaced the coolent bottle and i left. Well one week later they called me and say that i owe them 50 bucks for the coolent bottle. So now that the got the bike they are trying to stick me with that thing as well
UPDATED

Well after clearing up the 2 year old 50 bucks thing.....:chair:

We then where able to talk about why the bike wont start. I started makeing a log in june of milage , amount oil used,and issues.
After showing them my log the service mannager " well we would have to check that, to make sure that everything is on the up and up" I asked what do you mean?, and his response " well you could have been siphoning the oil out ".

Wow, yes you read that right. So i stood there in awe ,as he then started to say that i would have to pay for an oil change, and " pay for some one to ride it for 500 miles, like a tech"
and no i will not pay for either........so i told him first figure out why it wont start.then i will go from there

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
So what dealer is this? I'd like to know so I can stay away. I already have heard some bad things about Oak Lawn Harley.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
When the stealership gets done with it, you can pay me $50.00 and I'll be glad to ride it for 500 miles. LOL Thats just crazy. Time to find a new stealership.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
VrodG said:
1st class dip shit............Damn :banghead:

Good luck Bro
couldnt have put it better myself

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
I can see it now, you take the oil out, log it as being used and then refill it. Yep you are one shifty dude. Me being the lazy ass that I am would have just faked the log. That service manager has got your number.

·
Greg
604 Posts
Hey NorthILLVROD03 -- Will you PM me the name of the dealer? I'm hoping it's not mine, and if it's not I'll be sure to steer clear.

Thanks.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
synseer said:
That is just some crazy chit! Guy actually considered the notion that you would siphon off your own oil...unbelieveable!!!
Let alone leave a stroker powered v-rod to some tech.They'd have to pay me.:deal:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wi.st.rod said:
Hey NorthILLVROD03 -- Will you PM me the name of the dealer? I'm hoping it's not mine, and if it's not I'll be sure to steer clear.

Thanks.
i will post the name of the stealer later on

but if you want to send me the name of the stealer you go to i will give you a yes or no

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vrodrjs said:
I can see it now, you take the oil out, log it as being used and then refill it. Yep you are one shifty dude. Me being the lazy ass that I am would have just faked the log. That service manager has got your number.
not only that i bought the oil from them so i would havea papper trail, showing i bought oil

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was wondering about what max had said about boreing the cases and how exact they have to be. I wonder if they did it in house... who knows

hada it a week no call

1 - 13 of 13 Posts