Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I believe the lower left downtube IS tweaked :banghead:

My left foot is just a TAD back,and higher then where it should be.
Effin HD says the tubes for a B model are obsolete now..WTF??

Anybody got a downtube for a B thats straight,and wanna sell?

Jim

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Damn, that sucks. If it was just the shifter you could tweak it. There might be a way to "tweak" the peg issue. But I am guessing that there will be alot of replys saying not to? Whis I could help ya. Good Luck.

Joe

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, that sucks. If it was just the shifter you could tweak it. There might be a way to "tweak" the peg issue. But I am guessing that there will be alot of replys saying not to? Whis I could help ya. Good Luck.

Joe
a tweaked/repaired down tube is gonna effect handling and tire wear in the long run..Gonna look on fleabay and visit my dealer tomorrow..this bites

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Surely there is a replacement part number for a 5 year old bike. I believe Federal Law requires manufacturers to maintain a parts inventory for ten years. If the dealer can't/won't help then a call to Harley customer service is in order.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surely there is a replacement part number for a 5 year old bike. I believe Federal Law requires manufacturers to maintain a parts inventory for ten years. If the dealer can't/won't help then a call to Harley customer service is in order.
I thought it was 10 yrs also. Maybe I was talking to a knucklehead on the phone who doesn't know diddly from squat. I'll take a ride to the dealer this morning.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought the frame rail piece is the same as the later model bikes but they changed paint/coating procedures/vendors and subsequently changed part numbers but they are interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
The 47987-05BK (black left side frame lower) should work.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 47987-05BK (black left side frame lower) should work.
Thats the number I found also..went to another dealer who had knowledgeable personnel. Ordered one..$225 :broke: plus the chrome ring for the radiator shroud. Should be in a week to ten days.
Thanks to all for help.

Crewzr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts