Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I don't want to leave you hanging. You know I hoped Id make a few Rad hose cover coolers to would have been nice to make even ten. By hand that would one hundred unique fin plates. It seems to have gotten a lot of attention and more then I can make by hand. So I'm looking into having the plates cut form a machine shop. I have reach out through the Internet to try to get some quotes. If any of you guys know of a shop that could give us a good price let me know. And I have some shops up by Boning I can look into. I am not asking for down payment I will foot the bill to build them. But I do need a close head count on how meany I will need to make. We can make more down the road. If people start to see and like them. But the more I make the cheaper the run on cutting the plates. And I will be basing the cost of the rad. hose cooler on what the plates cost plus me making the pipe and putting it all together. I think this way will be cheaper and by far a hole lot faster to delivery. And of course I will have a horn cover to match the other side. The horn dos not get hot so what do you guys who want horn covers want in fin depth half inch, three quarters inch or one inch. On the left side of are head we have all three of these measurement on the fin's. But we have to come up with just one for the fined horn cover. I plan to run the fin's all the way from the front's back around the front side down the side around the back side and around the back in clean smooth lines. Like the lines on the head on the left side I want to leave the top of are horn cover open to mimic are valve cover. So if I could get you guys to chine in one more time to confirm an order of the Rad hose cover cooler and horn cover the majority of fin depths will be the final cutting. I will get things going as fast as I can get a shop together. Oh and it dawns on me that the top plate could be engraved. Thanks for your interests.:ride: I will put a link to the original post for pic.'s. The link to the original post I really like this pic.of my bike so I just through it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Are you able to make these in black for us darkys? (black with polished edges) :)

And Id probably be down for a horn cover as well, are you making those too?

Any rough idea on price?

As far as the fins, why not just make the the same as the others? bout 3/4 inch deep and about 1/4 inch thick.

also, another idea for the top, why not make a cover that looks similar to the top of the cylinders so it looks the same? Is the spacing the same between the plates as they are for the heads?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you able to make these in black for us darkys? (black with polished edges) :)

And Id probably be down for a horn cover as well, are you making those too?

Any rough idea on price?

As far as the fins, why not just make the the same as the others? bout 3/4 inch deep and about 1/4 inch thick.

also, another idea for the top, why not make a cover that looks similar to the top of the cylinders so it looks the same? Is the spacing the same between the plates as they are for the heads?
Yes I can pant or power coat it. I will get the fin's done in mass. But I will build them just for you. And will contact you when I start to build yours to find out what your particulars are. I have figured out a way to make a finned lattice that would go around are stock horn cover. But I wont have a prototype of it. Till I get the first run of the plates from the machine shop. But I'm not asking for a down payment. You buy one if you like it. The true thickness of are fins are 1.5 tenths of an inch. The plate I had laying around here was 1.25 tenths of an inch. I keep true to the distends from top to the bottom of are head fins. So on the prototype hose cover fin's are closer then are on are heads by 20 thousand's of an inch. In the plate run for the fin's the materiel will be 1.5 tenths of an inch. Until I get a good idea on how meany plates I need made and how much there going to charge for them. Any thing I say would be a crude guessamation and I don't give them. But as soon as I hook up with a machine shop I will post the price on both. Thanks for your inquiry I am happy to answer all questions to the best that I can.:ride:

·
Long list-Short road
139 Posts
Rad hose cover coolers

I'm in for one, let me know.
Raw / polished set

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks awesome!

I am in for a horn cover and radiator hose cover.
Thaks for making these available.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK I just got a quote to have the fin's( the ten aluminum plates) Laser cut. He showed me the different between water flow jet and laser. The Laser has a sharper edge after the cutting. It looks just like the edge of are fin's on are head's. It's more but I think it looks better. I had made stencils of the fin's So there is only a few hours of programing them into the computer. So what I come up with is 180 US Bucks In paint 25 buck more for power cote. You pay for your shipping. As for the horn cover He say's for them to map out all the points on the cover so the fin's will couture with the cover. Will take 8 to 10 or more hours of programing to get it in the computer. So minimally 1000 bucks just to get it in the computer. I will have to wait to get some of these hose cover made and down the road before I can make a run on the fin's for the horn cover. It would be cheaper and faster if I just made up a new fin horn cover.( Something like this is a link ) but the fin's would closer like on are heads.( Here's a link to the matching air intake cover for air heads ) But personally I think putting fin's on are stock horn cover would be the cleanest way to go. Thanks for you interest:ride:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts