Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after I thought we had problem fixed for a few days it happened again. To give a refresher course look here if you need to... http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142614

To give you all a update here is what the problem was. The STATOR!! $50 and was good to go! VERY THANKFUL I bought the ext. warranty for the bike!! :notworth:

As you can tell by the pic's the 1's that are "BLACK" were bad. Thnx to Las Vegas HD for actually having the part IN STOCK!! :kiss: Bike is running great again!

Thnx to all who chimed in on my problem w/help/pos. solutions.

Joe

Attachments

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
I gotta look back at the other thread but if I am remembering the whole story that's what I figured it would be when I read it but you had already thought you had it fixed. Glad you got it back in order so you can just enjoy the ride again.

Add-on: Yep I just had to read the last two posts....

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you are right. I actual did thought we had fixed it. It was fine for a few days and BLAM! I ALWAYS take advise when I ask for it and try to narrow down problems. Thats what so great about this site. SOOOO many ppl who know more than I do! :D

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Stators can be tricky ba$tard$. Buddy of mine had issues with his Busa not long back and the dealer told him it was most likely the regulator and not the stator. So after he spent $130 on it and it ran ok for a couple days it killed his battery and died again.

Then he changed the stator... Stupid thing would read out fine when it was cold but once she heated up it was dead as a door nail when it came to charging..

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... To give you all a update here is what the problem was. The STATOR!! $50 and was good to go!
As you can tell by the pic's the 1's that are "BLACK" were bad. ...
Your pictures show that you lost one of the three phases on the stator due to excess current.

This could have been a bad stator or it could have been a bad voltage regulator that created the excess current draw on the stator windings that were torched.

I would also be concerned with the bike’s electrical load. Have you added any electrical accessories? If so, what is the total current draw of these?

I wouldn’t be comfortable with the repair until I knew why the stator failed.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only elec. acc. I add was a HID HL but that was back in sept. of last year. Nothing else elec. has been added.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts