Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my trip to MWT, I got the call people dread.
One of my club Sisters was air lifted to Sutter Memorial in Northern California after she was found on the side of the road on Highway 49 near Grass Valley, CA.

The accident happened sometime between 8pm and 10pm Friday evening. She was riding home from work (ironically as an ER nurse) and ended up 50 feet below the road in the woods. Her bike was 8 feet up in a tree. There were no skid marks and she has no recall of what happened. She has been riding for more than 20 years and is one of strongest riders in the club...always at the front of our handlebar to handlebar pack.

The remarkable part of the story is as follows:

The accident happened at night. She woke up several hours later to pain in her legs, face, pelvic area and back. She knew that she was in the woods, knew that animals were near and knew that she would never be found in the thick ravine. She CLIMBED more than 50 feet UP the side of the hill and fell onto the side of Highway 49 until some passerby found her THE NEXT MORNING as she went in and out of consciousness.

She had several broken bones..pelvic bone, hip socket, ribs..broken teeth, her bottom lip was torn halfway off, broken nose, broken cheek bone..

She had a successful surgery last week to put a plate in her hip and has been moved to a new facility to start some PT.

She is BADASS and truly showed a will to live that probably doesn't kick in until dire measures are needed. I have NO doubt she will be back on a bike when she can...as it stands now, its been her ONLY method of transportation for years..no cage for her.

Its no wonder her club name is SpiritRider...well earned.

Be safe everyone.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that's one tough broad!!! Speedy recovery!

·
MWT III/IV/V alumni
859 Posts
I listened in disbelief as you told me this story, and again as I read it. You know she has the will to fully recover, and who knows maybe ride again. Pulling for her.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
keep strong my friend....Respects and all the best to one tuff girl....

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Thanks for the update Melissa. I'll continue sending prayers her way.

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Sounds like an amazing person. May her recovery be swift.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
amazing & tough nurse

Amazing! My prayers go out to her every night till full recovery and back into the saddle.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
hey starrzzzzzz, any updates? :popcorn:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.