Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is what I got today from the stealership..... up to me now.... I guess...

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think you can hunt down most of that stuff here and on ebay. I might have an extra brake pedal I can donate to the party if you need it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
$509.00 swingarm??? Owww!

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Could be a moneymaker - if you have insurance, and can do the labor. Buy used parts, take it to Martin's house, and we'll help you. Like this weekend. Joe

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I wanna do it myself. Couple main things I am looking at is the exaust (2-1) and a UE Fuel Tank. Exhaust is #1 on my list. I really dont know why they put the swingarm in there? I didnt see anything wrong w/it. Hell if I have I can go the route I wanna go, I (MIGHT) get a chrome swingarm. :) Will call the ins. co. in the am to see about getting check to me?? Keep you posted.

Fatz I will keep in mind your offer. THNX ALOT!!
Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am assuming that you do not know who knocked it over?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sir I do. It was my neighbor. His ins. is paying for it.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Have them cut you a check, you can easily make money for your time and hassle on this one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
might can help you out. I have rear turn signals, both mirrors, stock A handlebars, and some other stuff I've pulled off mine. PM me if you are interested!

Edit: just got to look over what you need but yeah I have both mirrors and the rear turn signals.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
you can get a new chrome swingarm off E-Bay for $200-$300. I just bought one for $149 + $39 shipping 2 weeks ago

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have a swingarm in great condition I'd send for $150 + shipping. I also have a chrome one on which the chrome has begun peeling (which I got hosed for $300 on) but you wouldn't want to put it on your bike. Send me a PM if you decide to go with the stock swingarm.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thnx guys. I am battleing w/ins. adj. right now. Says he cant see where the car hit the bike on the rear fender. HELLO you cant see the marks from the bumper??!!! HELLOOOOO :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
398 Posts
i fkn hate insurance

just recently i had a tree branch that was 6" in diameter fall on my roof... must have broken the wood under the shingles cus now there is a big slope / dent in the roof.. the insurance CO said its old damage... the fukn tree branch was still on the roof when they came out to inspect it.. lol?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now is that your insurance that has to pay for that or the other persons? Because...if they are at fault and you have got there info that est. gets sent to there insurance and you will get a check for that amount or they will pay the Dealer directly. I think I said before when you first posted that the same thing happened to me just about 2 months ago and there insurance paid me.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it is their ins. co. Hopefully today (Thurs.) I should know something?! :)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, called adj. today since he never called me back yesterday. Said his boss never got back to him and was going to call me right back after he got off the phone. Well I called his boss, HE NEVER ANSWERED! Figured as much. Looks like I might just have to let my true assholeness come out of me tomorrow. Keep you posted.
Joe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah you gotta stay on top of them. Good luck it will all work out I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts