Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all you good folks at 1130cc.com!
My DX has got its TAB slash-cut and fuel-manager and map #9 was kinda "fat" for my scandinavian weather I guess.
I had to decrease a little bit on low- and mid-ranges to try to get rid of unstable or un-smooth engine-power just on 3000 rpm.

BUT, I have still not been able to totally get rid of these small drops of power when I am basicly idling (not accellerating) at 3000 rpm.

Anyone with any good idea?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
kurtos said:
My DX has got its TAB slash-cut and fuel-manager and map #9 was kinda "fat" for my scandinavian weather I guess.
I had to decrease a little bit on low- and mid-ranges to try to get rid of unstable or un-smooth engine-power just on 3000 rpm.

BUT, I have still not been able to totally get rid of these small drops of power when I am basicly idling (not accellerating) at 3000 rpm.

it's more than likely those "Tabs"

·
John
2,700 Posts
I'd continue to tweak the fuel management device. Once you cover all variables adding and subtracting for low and midrange you'll know if the problem is really the pipes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
kurtos said:

i have the same problem. i have the same setup. have you called todd a tab. let me know if you fix the problem.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Have you guys tweaked the pots at an actual 3k,6k and 8-9k rpms? I did mine at all 3 ranges and was able to tune it great. No drops in power at any rpm, great throttle response all around and no decel popping anywhere. You have to take your time. I have all 3 pots set between 1 and 1.5 on the negative side. That was where they ended up after running it all the way both ways.

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tweaked the 3k and 6k ranges for now. Tuned it 2 clicks on the negative side. It got a bit better, but still this "unstable" run at exactly 3000 rpm :)

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Double check for exhaust leak at the muffler connection. Mine was acting up at exactly 3000 and 3250 with steady throttle until I torqued down the top muffler.

·
LA NightRodSpecial
26 Posts
Did anyone Dyno tune their TAB pipe?

Considering the non baffled TAB turn outs for my 07 Night Rod Denim. Have any of you dyno tuned these once installed and did it make a difference with the performance or 3krpm issues?

Thanks,

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts