Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing battery found these two black hoses on either side of the throttle bodies. The are sitting there open one has a hose clamp at the open end and I can’t find anything in the service manual. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. See pic of rearmost hose and my hand for reference of locations (at thumb and pinky)
Auto part Fuel line Engine
Automobile repair shop Auto part Auto mechanic Engine Vehicle

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello,

The wide shot picture is not very clear. However those look like tho hoses that connect to the lower air cleaner.

The hose where your pinky is has a clamp, after installing the lower air cleaner you would push in the hose and the tighten it. The hose by your thumb has no clamp and is held in place when you fix the lower air cleaner to the bike.

Please see image below. Those are the hoses you are looking at and number 9 is the lower air cleaner. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello,

The wide shot picture is not very clear. However those look like tho hoses that connect to the lower air cleaner.

The hose where your pinky is has a clamp, after installing the lower air cleaner you would push in the hose and the tighten it. The hose by your thumb has no clamp and is held in place when you fix the lower air cleaner to the bike.

Please see image below. Those are the hoses you are looking at and number 9 is the lower air cleaner. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts