Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My V-rod has open 2-2 pipes. Its loud and I'm sure its down some HP because of this. I was thinking of adding some JC Whitney 'universal baffles' like this to it.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/product/images/large/G_16266G_CL_1.jpg

added new link: http://www.jcwhitney.com/internal-baffles/p2006266.jcwx?filterid=c14675j1

Anyone have advice on that? Would it help to wrap the baffle in muffler repack material when I go to do it?

I am considering this second step because there is only a 4" section straight section that will take the baffle, so I'm not confident a 4" baffle will do much.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
In my experience wrapping the baffles is always a good idea if you want to add a little more deep sound to it. I was considering the same thing. My V&H 2/2 were waaay too loud without baffles and way too quiet with the supplied "closed" baffles. Right now I've got holes drilled in the baffles with packing and it sounds a little louder than stock but I'd prefer a little more sound without losing power/reprogramming.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SN. I ordered 4" long baffles for 2" wide pipes and some wrap material from J&P. $28 shipped, probably one of the cheapest mods I'll ever get to do. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't wait to hear what you think. I have Bub 2-2's which are pretty loud. I like the way the sound but would nice to quite them up a little.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
I have an 03 v rod with samson street sweepers. They were straight through pipes before I started to try different things to quite them down. First I installed 8 inch baffles it messed up the computer terribly bike ran like hell. I took it into the HD service and had it dynoed and new map installed. The mech took out the 8 inch baffle and put in a 4 inch baffle. Next I tried something different. I bought a reducer pipe 2 1/4 inch to 1 7/8 inch a simple pipe reducer from auto zone. $3.29 each. This worked out nearly perfect. Bike runs great and the sound is reduced some. curley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts