Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unimpressed with Arnotts? Nope, they have come through!

Got the units Summer 2008, chrome fell off in the Winter. Well, I need 'em so taking them off again was not really viable. However they will be out of warranty soon, so I asked Arnotts if I could strip them (no, not possible without damage) or if they could sell me a pair at a discount (offering to return the faulty ones if they liked).

Nope.

Nothing at all possible except return at my own very considerable expense. If I want to buy some, it's $850.

Well, it's legal, but it's not helpful, and I'll not be buying anything off them again.

Won't be suggesting anyone else does either.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
That's pretty poor customer service. Were they willing to repair them under warranty? I take it you didn't save your old shocks?

I have these and frankly I think they are great. Had them on for a few years now with no issues whatsoever.

http://www.platinumairsuspension.com/v-rod.html

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes, they'll fix them under warranty. And they seemed nice on the phone.

However, they were completely unhelpful when it came down to it.

To be fair, I have noticed this idea before with Harley related things - the assumption that the bike is a hobby and therefore having it off the road for two months is no big deal.

Even so, that's just stupid. I will return the units, they will inspect them and send out new ones. Costs them money, and I lose my bike.

If they'd flogged me a pair (used would have been fine) cheap and asked me to send mine back later, they would have made money, and I would have kept my bike on the road.

Miserable lot of jobsworths.

That's pretty poor customer service. Were they willing to repair them under warranty? I take it you didn't save your old shocks?

I have these and frankly I think they are great. Had them on for a few years now with no issues whatsoever.

http://www.platinumairsuspension.com/v-rod.html

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I'm happy now.

They will sell me some new units and credit me when I return the old.

Actually, that's better than I asked for!

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Well dont you think you should have maybe waited until the issue was resolved before you started badmouthing them? :rolleyes:

I'd personally go back and edit the previous opinions if I were you...

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Well dont you think you should have maybe waited until the issue was resolved before you started badmouthing them? :rolleyes:

I'd personally go back and edit the previous opinions if I were you...
I think maybe because He did post it here that they decided to stop being Pricks about it, has happened before with vendors around here.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
I think the customer service is superb in this case because any other vendor would of told you to shove those 4 year old shocks up yer arse. Just sayin'...

I don't know of any other vendor with a warranty longer than 1 year.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I think the customer service is superb in this case because any other vendor would of told you to shove those 4 year old shocks up yer arse. Just sayin'...

I don't know of any other vendor with a warranty longer than 1 year.
progressive are top notch when it comes to waranty.life time replacement on 440s.cant beat that.yea i know the arnots are air.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's sold with a five year warranty...

Anyway, I have no idea why they didn't make the offer in the first place, but all's well that ends well.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I think maybe because He did post it here that they decided to stop being Pricks about it, has happened before with vendors around here.
Quite the possibility... I try not to jump the gun myself until I've exhausted all efforts to resolve a problem with a vendor, before I go public with negative feedback. I had my Arnotts on for about 13,000 miles and found that the compressor bracket had broken at the bend. I called them up without a receipt or invoice number and they took the time to look through all of Ken's (o2man) sales records to find my name and ensure it was still under warranty. I had a new bracket in 3 days.

As far as Arnotts go, I am completely happy with the product and service thus far. Other than the fact that they are anodized instead of powder coated, they're perfect and I'd buy them again without a doubt. Dollar for dollar the best mod I've done to the bike...

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought it was resolved. They said send 'em back, no we won't give you a discount on some new ones. So, resolved, but no in a manner that I much liked.

Anyway, the chap agrees with you - he says he was always going to see me right, he just hadn't decided how. So maybe we misunderstood each other.

Either way, regardless of how the discussion went, I'm very happy with the current agreement.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quite the possibility... I try not to jump the gun myself until I've exhausted all efforts to resolve a problem with a vendor, before I go public with negative feedback. I had my Arnotts on for about 13,000 miles and found that the compressor bracket had broken at the bend. I called them up without a receipt or invoice number and they took the time to look through all of Ken's (o2man) sales records to find my name and ensure it was still under warranty. I had a new bracket in 3 days.

As far as Arnotts go, I am completely happy with the product and service thus far. Other than the fact that they are anodized instead of powder coated, they're perfect and I'd buy them again without a doubt. Dollar for dollar the best mod I've done to the bike...
The product is good, and I'm happy with the customer service... now.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I thought it was resolved. They said send 'em back, no we won't give you a discount on some new ones. So, resolved, but no in a manner that I much liked.

Anyway, the chap agrees with you - he says he was always going to see me right, he just hadn't decided how. So maybe we misunderstood each other.

Either way, regardless of how the discussion went, I'm very happy with the current agreement.
Glad to hear it all worked out. They really are a great product and value...

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Louis, im with you on the 'superb' chrome quality... my guess is they told you these new ones have gotten another chrome treatment or another chromer..yeah right
I had to send my first ones in for inspection($100) and (given) i got a new set from them (no possibility to ship cheap USPS only their expensive Fedex. again over 100$) and i got the message they would only do this ones and i could never again ask for waranty. That second set is flaking now too. they work fine just it's the only chrome thing on my chrome bike that looks like a leaking flashlight battery in most spots...

they sayd i live in holland so it must be the salty air.. ok .. so why is the rest of the oem and aftermarket chrome still fine? No answer...

Dont know what i will do. can we take these apart and rechrome theme? maybee i just re chrome the bushings

Just in case...Dry the damm things off after wash or rain ! And please put any kind of grease of what ever protection on it in winter !!!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I used to use the bike in the wet, but now I don't. So, as you say, lots of WD40 in the Winter and a dehumidifier....

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I've had my issues with arnotts also. I'm on my third set from them. they have replaced them every time. its seems the chrome only last on 1 yr before they start pitting and flaking.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a serious problem. What are we going to do to keep the chrome on them?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I had this problem with my Progressives, they are close by so I went down with them, they replaced the bad parts and I was on my way. So far they are holding up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts