Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm finally able to come home to FL after a month... I get here on Friday and we try and take my truck somewhere......DEAD BATTERY... :banghead:

Today, I decide to take the bike out for a spin.....DEAD BATTERY :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: WTF???

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got one for the bike, but didn't even think about putting the bike on it when I left... I'll be doing that from now on.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheatin said:
Start drinkin' your Capt. and get to chargin'.
It's charging now... hmm.. Wonder how long it takes???

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Stay in Florida and ride it more....lol

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's easy for you to say...

You don't know any important people at MacDill that can give my company a govt contract do you??? :cupcake

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
gmccauley said:
Yeah, I got one for the bike, but didn't even think about putting the bike on it when I left... I'll be doing that from now on.
You should plug it in everyday, not just when you leave for awhile. It conditions or massages the battery while its charged. Anyboby need one? I can get them for $25.00 plus shipping.:broke:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
You should plug it in everyday, not just when you leave for awhile. It conditions or massages the battery while its charged. Anyboby need one? I can get them for $25.00 plus shipping.:broke:

:stupid:

Everytime I pull into my garage the first thing I do is plug in the tender. I even have one on my lawn tractor out in the shed. :)

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
How important is this, I have had my bike since February 2006 and it has never been on a tender? I have the tender and the quick connects but they are still in their boxes.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
LIUNARep said:
How important is this, I have had my bike since February 2006 and it has never been on a tender? I have the tender and the quick connects but they are still in their boxes.
+1 since jan 06. i think if you live in year-round warm weather and you ride your bike pretty much every day you can get away without using one.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
LIUNARep said:

It will lengthen the life of the battery and you'll never have to worry about it going dead if you don't ride for awhile.

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
It will lengthen the life of the battery and you'll never have to worry about it going dead if you don't ride for awhile.
I at least start every day or two.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just my luck... The bike is almost charged enough to ride and now it just started raining....

Decisions, Decisions........ Wait for the rain to stop and hopefully be able to ride in an hour or two.............or have a beer....

hmmmmm....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use one of the solar battery chargers on my CBR1000RR since I don't ride it as often. I bought a few on ebay and will install one on my Street Rod as well. They work great and don't add to electric bill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts