Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mongo
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've given my 96 Ultra to my wife so she can trike it. Soooo, I have two saddle bags and a Tourpak that I'd like to adapt to my Vrod.

I've seen brackets for a quick connect tourpak (but I'm not sure they will work with mine).

I'm not sure what to do with the stock exhaust - it's very high and sticks out quite a bit. The bags would be way too far out to clear the exhaust as it it.

Anybody done this thing I'm contenplating? I'm not interested in buying new bags...

Cheers, Joe
04 VRSCB

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I can't help you with the converstion question. But I THINK IT COULD BE DONE.

Where are you located?

If you're interested in selling your existing Ultra Bags, Let me know. I have a buddy looking for some.

Thanks.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Didn't Danni do this????

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
KWIKR said:
Didn't Danni do this????
Nope. I'm running the V-Rod leather bags. One has to have Reinharts, or a 2 into1 to clear them big bags. Cyclevision has the parts you need (except for the new exhaust and fuel management system)

·
Banned
654 Posts
sc2whls4me said:
www.cyclevisions.com has the brackets for bags and tourpacks
the shock angle is different on the vrod vs the Ultra. the tunnel on the standard Harley hard bags wont work with the Vrod.

cyclevision sells the brackets to adapt the Harley quick disconnects for the bags and tour pack.

they also offer the lower saddle bag with the correct tunnel angle. you can then use all the Harley latch hardware.

also the stock exhaust wont work with the bag brackets.

Dennis

·
Mongo
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ultra Bags on Vron

sc2whls4me said:
www.cyclevisions.com has the bracketry for bags and tourpacks
I can't find it now, but I thought I read somewhere on their site that the side bag mounting brackets only worked with their bags. Am I imagining that?

Joe

·
Banned
654 Posts
joebedford said:
I can't find it now, but I thought I read somewhere on their site that the side bag mounting brackets only worked with their bags. Am I imagining that?

Joe
Joe

the shock is at a different angle on the vrod. therefore the stock bags wont work. the tunnel will hit the shock. cyclevision offers a lower bag that they make that works with the standard Harley hard bag lids and latch hardware.

you could probably fabricate a bracket similar to the cyclevision but it would put the bag out another 2 inches or so.

the other option is to fabricate a bracket to bolt in place of the original bag support and locate the shock at an angle to accomadate the harley bag. my local dealer is working on that option but not sure the suspension geometery will work with the changed shock angle.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
joebedford said:

Joe
page 5 of their online catalogue the lowers have to be theirs and use harley tops and latches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts