Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone one on here done this using the unlimited enginering tank?
how was the install? did it go as well as they say? any modifications that had to be made that they did not mention? Thanks

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
instructions are very clear about 3-4 hrs to install. it is a great tank been running mine know 4 seasons and couldn't be happier.Its the best mod I EVER DID!!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Fairly easy but get a new tank seal from your Harley dealer. You will need the tank ring tool to reinstall the tank guts. 14mm hex drive for the swinging arm. 36mm wrench for the rear wheel. I've done two so far and much quicker the second time.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
You dont need the tank ring tool. All you need is a strap wrench. Worked great for us (Josephthreedogs) and I did mine. Fairly easy. 2 things I can tell you about. 1st dont toss around your tssm. IF you do the bike will strt and run but it will not strt back up afterwards. So just try to keep it as it is on the bike, or atleast put it back in orig. place B4 you strt bike.
2nd we couldnt get the "mud flap" after heating it to mould right. If you have problems you can reuse that old 1 but may need to trim it or make one outta some plastic like a old trash can lid.

Make sense? Really not difficult. Just take your time. REALLY REALLY glad I got this instead of the "other" brand. Any ?'s feel free to pm me. G/L

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
On the D model the tank will slide out with the guts installed but the UE tank will not slide in with the guts installed, this is why the tank ring tool is good to have. I found this out on the first one, after using a strap wrench to remove the guts on the old tank. just my finding to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts