Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many are out there? not much action on site from this side of the pond :dance: come on lets see and hear from you :diablo:

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
I'm keeping my head down, as I'm still waiting for my 04 to arrive, it should be on the boat by now, so not long.
BTW, you have done a nice job with the colour coding.

One of the guys at my dealer actually races a V-Rod and was not aware of this forum, He cracked up when I told him about the D/A. In the UK we still call it the ugly black plastic number plate thingy.

I will be seeing the guy later this week so I will get him onboard hopefully

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
That would be great to have another fellow racer aboard specially from across the Pond! :cool: Welcome to All the Euro Guy's! :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought my V-Rod in November ( Cardiff-Wales), which on reflection wasn't the greatest timing for the UK with our salt infested roads. I can't resist riding it but I soon learned some painful lessons about all that alloy and it's potential for rapid corrosion!
I'm really glad I joined this forum it's taught me a lot of really usefull stuff about the V-Rod in a short space of time. I'm now addicted, and visit every day.
I met up with a husband and wife the other day on two really sharp looking V-Rods at the Abergavenny biker cafe. They said they also visit this site often.
We own a house in Florida so I'm back and forth the states a lot. So I've already been stocking up on the chrome add ons and a stage one kit- much cheaper than buying them in the UK.
I can't see me doing much more than that. I'm one of those people that absolutely loves the look of the Rod in it's stock form; have done since the day I first saw one. I still enjoy seeing the custom work done on other people's bikes. But every time I look at that bike in my garage the beauty of it still takes my breath away.
It's a bit like dating a supermodel, she's looks so good you couldn't fail to want to take her out. The fact that she 'goes like the devil' is the icing on the cake. :vrod:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Steve C said:
I met up with a husband and wife the other day on two really sharp looking V-Rods at the Abergavenny biker cafe. They said they also visit this site often.
They wouldn't be Too BAD and Too HOT by any chance?

·
Come back Max
435 Posts
Mid Essex far enough from the smoke but not quite in the sticks.
Give me half a chance to move further out into the country proper and you wouldn't see me for dust!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Christine said:
They wouldn't be Too BAD and Too HOT by any chance?
I'm not sure about that, I can't remember their names or handles. They were, however, very pleasant folk. The husband had a set of 16 gauge and the wife had SE slip-ons. They fired up both bikes so I could hear the difference to my, then, stock pipes.
As I said they were two very sharp looking bikes, well chromed out. The husband had a nice custom paint job.
They mentioned they had been to a UK meeting of V-Rods earlier in '03.
I should imagine I'll see them at the biker cafe again soon; as spring will soon be a'springing. :ride:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Steve C said:
They mentioned they had been to a UK meeting of V-Rods earlier in '03.
I should imagine I'll see them at the biker cafe again soon; as spring will soon be a'springing. :ride:
It must be them then - was she Australian?
I'm still hoping we can all meet up again this year. I've mentioned it on this forum a couple of times but there has been no interest. I'm trying not to be paranoid :D

Christine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Christine said:
It must be them then - was she Australian?
I'm still hoping we can all meet up again this year. I've mentioned it on this forum a couple of times but there has been no interest. I'm trying not to be paranoid :D

Christine
Australian, yes I believe she was. That 'Too Hot' and 'Too Bad' you mention. Now I think about it I seem to remember that was on their numberplates.
If I see them again Christine ( which I'm sure I will) I'll mention you.
I'll try to find out if they're going to the next UK meeting ( whenever that is ) and I'll try to tag along with them. Is that were you met them? :cheers:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Steve C said:
Australian, yes I believe she was. That 'Too Hot' and 'Too Bad' you mention. Now I think about it I seem to remember that was on their numberplates.
If I see them again Christine ( which I'm sure I will) I'll mention you.
I'll try to find out if they're going to the next UK meeting ( whenever that is ) and I'll try to tag along with them. Is that were you met them? :cheers:

Steve
Yes their number plates were great - not strictly legal but I gather they didn't get much hassle where they live. Sadly I can't remember their names.

The last meeting was organised by someone on the V Twin forum - in the olden days before this forum existed. They, and most of the other people who met up, have since stopped posting on the VTF and as far as I am aware are not using this forum.
So if we want another meeting, we'll have to organise it ourselves. I'm quite happy to do this if there is any interest.

Christine

·
Registered
2 Posts
UK Newbie

v3rod said:
how many are out there? not much action on site from this side of the pond :dance: come on lets see and hear from you :diablo:
Got a 2003 Anniversary Edition in October, real bad time to get an aluminium bike in Salt laden South Yorkshire.

Had the two tone paint job extended onto the front mudguard and the radiator side grills and had the triangular grill thingies painted black. So it doesn't look as plain as when stock.

Messing about with brackets to change the headlight and move the indicators onto the forks at present.

The V Rod is an impressive piece of kit. I had a Road King before this so will be struggling to carry much stuff when it comes to touring with it.

Wanderer

Barnsley :vrod:

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Super Kaz said:
That would be great to have another fellow racer aboard specially from across the Pond! :cool: Welcome to All the Euro Guy's! :thumb:
Kaz, saw the guy today, gave him details of the forum, had a look at his bike too (no engine in it though). It had 17" wheels, chain drive, rearsets & I think he said different throttle boddies etc. etc. ("Hey" I did'nt realy know what he was on about) and it runs 10.9s
With a bit of luck he'll tell you himself.

(They had a 04 B model in black with a 280, black wheels, black pipes. black every thing etc etc... awsome looking) 2 others out back having 280's fitted also.

:broke:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Cool! :kaz:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rear End Mods

Hi all UK V Rodders.
I have ordered some small rear indicators and would like to mod the number plate mounting to retain the original rear light and to take a small number plate.
Has anyone done this ??
Any photos would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Masher430 said:
Hi all UK V Rodders.
I have ordered some small rear indicators and would like to mod the number plate mounting to retain the original rear light and to take a small number plate.
Has anyone done this ??
Any photos would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Don't use any of the crappy Motrax indicators, I gave up with them both had smoke coming out of them. Took them back and the wires were shorted, that's fine but so were 3 other sets in the shop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you taken the number plate retaining plate off ?
If so what did you put back on ? A polished ali plate at my local HD dealer sells them,BUT £85

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Masher430 said:
Have you taken the number plate retaining plate off ?
If so what did you put back on ? A polished ali plate at my local HD dealer sells them,BUT £85
I still have the black plastic rear end (it's known as the "dogs ass" or "DA" here), but I got a set of stock American rear indicators as they don't stick out so far and with smoke lenses look OK to me. As for the plate I got one made to fit, 8.5" x 6". Won't get nicked with it !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cheers,
Will wait until the new indicators arrive and then see about where to mount them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts