Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Juan,

The eurocustombike swing arm is the swing arm sold by eurocomponents.

Have you been able to figure out how to contact the company selling the UHS swing arm. I was not able to do so.

Also take in consideration euro to dollar, cost of wiring the money, and shipping. It adds up quickly.

Also it takes forever to receive it.

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tried yet to contact them but I travel to Europe a lot and could probably have these sent to my office in the UK and then bring them back with me.

Now, if these are the ones sold by Eurocomponents would these mean again going with the thinner drive belt?

·
2,552 Posts
ErVikingo said:
I have not tried yet to contact them but I travel to Europe a lot and could probably have these sent to my office in the UK and then bring them back with me.

Now, if these are the ones sold by Euro-components would these mean again going with the thinner drive belt?
That's a good question regarding the narrower belt. While I was at Biketoberfest I spoke to a V-Rodder that had a euro-components swing arm, narrow belt and pulleys. He was handing out business cards saying that he now is in the business of modifying v-rods with wide tire kits. I spoke to him about the narrow pulleys and belts and he said he could use the euro-components swing arm with a stock width pulley and belt. His name is Otis Young, He's from VA and his phone number is 434 799-1601.

From what I could see, he is a person working out of his garage. His V-Rod looked good and he seemed to be very Knowledgeable.

This is a pic of his bike.

Attachments

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Frank thanks for the info, I believe his bike is on the Photo Gallery at Xtreme Machine. By the way, pretty bike!

I'm bringing my to the dealer for routine service and they promise to have some specs and photos of their conversions. As we discussed, still way too expensive on the labor.

Cheers, Juan

·
2,552 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Hey Frank thanks for the info, I believe his bike is on the Photo Gallery at Xtreme Machine. By the way, pretty bike!

Cheers, Juan
Juan,

Otis is the person that convinced Xtreme to do V-Rods. He introduced me to them at Biketoberfest. By the way that is Otis with the shorts on in the posted pic.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Does anyone have any additional info/opinions on this wide swingarm?

http://www.eurocustombike.com/Vrod

Note they mount the cush drive on the front pulley...

http://www.wwag.com/Pages/GoodNews01-03/Pages/index-B/UHS_Swingarms_V-Rod.html

Thanks, Juan
Hi,
Have just fitted this swingarm, it uses the original belt & definitely does not have the cush drive on the front pulley. Delivery should be the same worldwide using a courier, I had mine in 48hrs in the UK. UHS is a German company operating under the name UHS Cycles.
Paul.

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Paul,

Thansk for the info and welcome onboard! I'm debating about which one to get still. I like the UHS but for the price I guess I must also consider Rick's eventhough the styling (at least from the pics I've seen) is a bit too much.

RMD Billet is/was working on a setup, I must follow up to see how that is coming along.

Juan

·
Registered
424 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Hey Paul,

Thansk for the info and welcome onboard! I'm debating about which one to get still. I like the UHS but for the price I guess I must also consider Rick's eventhough the styling (at least from the pics I've seen) is a bit too much.

RMD Billet is/was working on a setup, I must follow up to see how that is coming along.

Juan
If anyone wants to try bolting this one up to their V-ROD we can make arrangements - but no refunds. :laugh: We'll even throw in that hammer that's sitting on the table.

We're making progress on the arm but nothing ready to put on the highway yet...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts