Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... a little background: coming from a 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. The headlight on that bike sucked. That said, the headlight on my new Muscle doesn't even compare to that one... it sucks much worse!

WTF?

Riding at night for the first time ... I have a little tiny dim spot about ten feet in front of me, pointing straight at the ground. No wide beam- no view to the left or right, no nothing, really... A little dot. That's about it.

Is this normal? Are there ways to adjust it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
The headlight on my 2009 Nightrod Special sucks. I would get better light with a flashlight duct taped to my handlebars. I bought a non-Harley projector headlight that I will replace it with, hopefully this Winter. Got to get it powder coated and manufacture or find a mount for it. It will require the removal of the stock headlight fairing, but I don't care.

Another alternative is to buy the new Harley LED headlight for a measly $400...:broke::spank:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309389420&bmUID=1282277141116&bmLocale=en_US

Phatass

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have extra DDM Hid kit for both High and low. Light up the night. $30 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
DDM HID kits here as well....it's amazing the things you can see ahead of you at night with this set up. Only downfall is the wiring and ballasts take up some room in your airbox depending on what else you have stashed under there. I have the 35w low and 55w high. Rarely do I ever run with my lights on high. They're so bright I feel guilty even on the interstate.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take off your sunglasses:D
Ya know, that is good advice for me actually... I have a built in sun visor in my HJC helmet that I often forget to flip up when riding in the evenings. It's caught me a few times. :)

Thanks for the replies guys, I may look in to the DDM kit at some point.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just trying to clear out some garage space. When I ordered I bought 2 complete kits.

·
2009 VRSCF
162 Posts
DDM HID kits here as well....it's amazing the things you can see ahead of you at night with this set up. Only downfall is the wiring and ballasts take up some room in your airbox depending on what else you have stashed under there. I have the 35w low and 55w high. Rarely do I ever run with my lights on high. They're so bright I feel guilty even on the interstate.
I didn't have to put any of it in the airbox. I was able to put both of my ballasts under the battery strap and the ignitor's are behind the left and right covers zip tied to the frame.

·
Flat Broke
288 Posts
I ride with High beam on

·
2009 VRSCF
162 Posts
I also had the same issue as you, I was even afraid to ride at night because I was always over driving my headlight. This fixed all the light problems with the stock lamp.

I installed a DDM 55W in both HI/Low beam.

This is the way to go. I also ordered my self an extra set of lamps of my low beam so I do not have to wait for a replacement if it goes out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just put in the blue/white bulbs in and you can see

·
Registered
257 Posts
DDM's

Which DDM HID kit ( single or dual ballast - 3 choices on DDM web site ) and bulb part number ( type) are required for the Muscle ?

Thanks !
Dual ballasts 55watt. Bright light. $30 + $10 for shipping.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dual ballasts 55watt. Bright light. $30 + $10 for shipping.
I read in an earlier thread that the H11s don't come with a connector, and you either need to purchase a separate "Deutsch" connector for them or plug the spades directly in to the factory plug and wrap with electrical tape.

Is this still the case?

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.