Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the threads and see a lot of posts about squealing, grinding and rubbing noises related to brake pads, belt, etc. but don't know if mine is the same - at slow speeds (only time when I can hear it) I get a Whoo Whoo Whoo sound from the rear but can't tell which side. It's not affected by pullng the brake or clutch. Does anyone know what this is? I've heard it before but now it's getting much worse. Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To describe the sound better, it's kind of like blowing across the top of a glass bottleneck? Woo woo woo Sounds silly but best I can do!

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
Sound

To describe the sound better, it's kind of like blowing across the top of a glass bottleneck? Woo woo woo Sounds silly but best I can do!
That sounds like what mine was doing. I cleaned the belt, it went away for a while, but came back. Someone suggested some dielectric grease on the belt, so I dabbed some along the outside edge and that appears to have made it go away; at least for the last 1,500 miles.

Some also suggest that it might be the belt is too tight, or something else is wrong if you have to put some grease on it. But others say the belt can be slightly out of alignment causing some rubbing on the edge of the pulley. I'm going with the latter opinion...

·
Dean
775 Posts
I had or have the same issue. Took it to the dealership and they could not find anything wrong. Like others have suggested I tried cleaning the belt and pulley....but that didn't work.

Eventually did the VMOD exhaust and I can't hear it any longer but it may still be there.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Someone may have installed a Bubb Rubb and Li'l Sis device in the exhaust:
Its only fo' decorations...Its just fo' decorations...That's it and that's all man. Its like an alarm clock.

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
"That's only in the morning... you s'posed to be up cooking breakfast or something by then..."

Haaahahaha

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Belt noise.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
When you replace your brake pads with Lyndall Z-Pads or EBC's the noise will disappear. Harley brake pads are notorious for that noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts