Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spacer, required after relocation of the turn signals for the windshield is among the ugliest peices of metal on the motorcycle--see thumbnail below. The spacers on Knightenforcer's lower running ** EDIT- oops, I mean Turn Signal** lights are beautiful--directly below this. Is it possible to purchase a spacer of this sort to replace the ugly ones I have?

Attachments

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
myneed4speed said:
Is that just the HD relocation kit?
On mine? Yes.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
They are both hd relocation kits but the long ones usually come with windshields and are for windshield mounting. You can purchase the shorter mounts and install them and then unthread the long posts on the windshield mounts and just replace the posts with a bolt like the other pair of windshield mounts.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Lil - I am in the same situation in that I need to have the old spacers to connect my windshield to. I do, however, have the same re-locaters as the top pic to which my signals are connected. I thought about putting together some bolts/nut with the grommet so I can still attach my shield. That way it would look AS ugly.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Spaz said:
They are both hd relocation kits but the long ones usually come with windshields and are for windshield mounting. You can purchase the shorter mounts and install them and then unthread the long posts on the windshield mounts and just replace the posts with a bolt like the other pair of windshield mounts.

Actually the ones on the AUX lights are Kuryakyn fork mounts. I have the same ones on my bike. Also, if you look in my galler my blinkers don't have those spacers. Mine use bolts that replace the tripple tree bolts for a much cleaner look. I htink I got them from Vmod.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Actually the ones on the AUX lights are Kuryakyn fork mounts. I have the same ones on my bike. Also, if you look in my galler my blinkers don't have those spacers. Mine use bolts that replace the tripple tree bolts for a much cleaner look. I htink I got them from Vmod.
I was talking about the mounts on her bike in the bottom picture, the top picture is of the mounts she was inquiring about.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Spaz said:
I was talking about the mounts on her bike in the bottom picture, the top picture is of the mounts she was inquiring about.

Okay I e now.

Lil, check out this pic of my turn signals. no spacers at all. Just bolted directly to the tripple trees. Much cleaner look. IMO

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vrod-Mike said:
Okay I e now.

Lil, check out this pic of my turn signals. no spacers at all. Just bolted directly to the tripple trees. Much cleaner look. IMO

I love that look. Is that really possible on mine with that big old windshield, which when and if I am in the mood for must be on my bike.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just may have answered my own question...going back and looking at my pic above, it looks as if the clamp that holds the extenders to the fork could be slipped down so that there would be no intefrerence with the windshield. What do you think?

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Lil, I went with Kuryakyn turn signal mirrors. I can see behind me, and no ugly lights to mount.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
I just may have answered my own question...going back and looking at my pic above, it looks as if the clamp that holds the extenders to the fork could be slipped down so that there would be no intefrerence with the windshield. What do you think?
You could use the ones like v-rod mike has and instead of using them on the top triple tree clamp use them on the bottom triple tree clamp and you can still use your windshield and not worry about the glare from the signals on your windshield. I use the same ones as mike but I have them on the bottom triple tree clamp.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
V Rod Mike gonna ask a stupid question here how did you just bolt them to the triple trees like that? Just grabbed a longer bolt or what?

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Lil, with that setup in the lower triple tree, don't the turn signals hit the engine guard when you turn it to the left or to the right? I had that problem on mine so I moved it up a little bit.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scrmng E said:
Lil, with that setup in the lower triple tree, don't the turn signals hit the engine guard when you turn it to the left or to the right? I had that problem on mine so I moved it up a little bit.
Gee, no. All is good on that end.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spaz or Mike,
Exactly what mount bracket/parts has Mike used there? I've tried to figure it out looking on the HD site, but I'm stumped.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
Spaz or Mike,
Exactly what mount bracket/parts has Mike used there? I've tried to figure it out looking on the HD site, but I'm stumped.

It's not an HD part. What it does is replace the tripple tree bolt with a new one that is threded on one end to bolt back into the tree and on the other end it's threaded for the turn signal. I got them from V-mod. Second one from the top in the link below.

http://www.v-mod.com/shop/viewCategory.asp?CID=64,574

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I got mine from v-mod also, but they are actually custom chrome items but I forget the custom chrome part number.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great ideas guys! Thanks for that. I'll always be willing to listen to more thoughts, but you all have proveded me with choices. Now I can go forward deciding and changing my mind :dance:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts