Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry to start yet another oil thread. What oil do UK riders use ?
I see that AMSOIL and Mobile 1 v-twin are the oils of choice in the US but we dont have them in the uk.
Also how much oil do i need to put in ? (I believe that i read somewhere that the manual is not quiet correct on this)

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
You do not have moblie in the UK?

·
Registered
286 Posts
jakhals said:
Hi,

I see that AMSOIL and Mobile 1 v-twin are the oils of choice in the US but we dont have them in the uk.
Also how much oil do i need to put in ? (I believe that i read somewhere that the manual is not quiet correct on this)

No, you are correct we do not get Mobile 1 in the UK - I had numerous telephone calls with Mobil over here and eventually got this message from them:

Thankyou for your enquiry received into our office earlier this morning. I have just spoken to ExxonMobil Technical helpdesk, and they have advise that the Mobil 1 V Twin is an american grade, therefore we cannot purchase any.

However you can get Amsoil now in the UK - see this thread...

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71689&highlight=amsoil

I intend using it on my next change....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skellum said:
No, you are correct we do not get Mobile 1 in the UK - I had numerous telephone calls with Mobil over here and eventually got this message from them:

Thankyou for your enquiry received into our office earlier this morning. I have just spoken to ExxonMobil Technical helpdesk, and they have advise that the Mobil 1 V Twin is an american grade, therefore we cannot purchase any.

However you can get Amsoil now in the UK - see this thread...

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71689&highlight=amsoil

I intend using it on my next change....
Thanks for that. Will probably order AMSOIL

·
Registered
167 Posts
jakhals said:
Hi,

I was told by the Mobil Consumer help line in Australia that Mobil 1 can be used in any Harley engine, check with your consumer help line over there though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts