Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... who all is planning on being there? Shannon and I are gonna try and roll up around 6:30 or so... hopefully you guys will recognize the bike!! :cheers: I'll be looking for fellow v-rodders!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Jamie I am going to try and go, not sure what Jeannie's work schedule is yet. As of now they are calling for storms to roll through about the same time.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well Jamie I was just reminded I have my second round of ASE re-certs on Tuesday night, so I'll be at the Collin Creek community college Tuesday night. Thats the problem with having over 14 certs that require that they be re-certified on a regular basis.

Max

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya Max... I hadn't even checked the weather yet... If it is supposed to get rainy we'll have to sit this one out as well. We'll all get together sometime though!!

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I will be there!!!!!! Just look for the chrome on aluminum flames (on a V-geezerish looking V-Rod).

Dan

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm going to try and make it.
David

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with ya guys... it all depends on the weather tomorrow for me... Will look for ya'll if we show...

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Well, there are thunderstorms coming up from the south, headed by Frisco. Probably come through about the time we were to meet. Not looking good, but I'm optimistic.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
My optimism was misplaced. Got real wet on the way home. Next week??

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Ok guys - no rain forecast tonight. Who'se gonna be there? Wings are 1/2 price if you show up on a bike. I'd sure like to see that bike Jamie.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Daniii!! Well... here's the story... I got up today looking forward to a great ride to work. She won't start... it's the darn battery again. So I drove from Little Elm to Irving to work today (just got here). I've only got a couple of things that I HAVE to get done before noon. If I get them completed, my plan is to stop by HD of N. Texas on my way home around 1pm or so. Get me one of those trickle chargers that I can hookup and not have to take the airbox cover off every night. Then go home hook it up to the trickle charger and maybe try and start her up around 6 - 6:30 or so... I can't promise anything though... But I'll try to make it...

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Jamie - when at the dealer, buy a battery! I think yours is toast! $85, and 15 min to install. Hope you can get there. Anyone else?????

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan - too late man... I've had it on the charger for about 1.5 hours now... I'm not sure if I've had it back to full charge all summer yet... How long should it take to complete recharge if I'm riding it? I rode for 1hr 15min two separate times two wks ago... but haven't ridden since. Went to start her today after being left alone for two weeks and she didn't have enough juice to turn over...just clicks. Maybe I do need to go ahead and get a new battery...

I think Shannon and I will be there tonight though. She's got enough to start right now... but I'll leave her on the charger for another 4hrs or so...

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
No test tonight so I plan to swing over that way even if just for a little bit.

Max

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet!! Look forward to seeing you there Max!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I won't be able to make this one guys. Have fun and tip one for me :cheers:
Maybe next week!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
David I have never been to it but think that if you take the toll way north and exit at 121 to the east and then turn left onto Preston that it is just a mile or so up on the right. That was how Jeannie said to get there.

Max

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Preston road just north of La Hacienda Ranch... 4424 Preston Road

Hope to see you there David!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's correct Max... it'll be on your Right a few miles North of 121