Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I enjoy taking my bike to the track, I have always considered the use of a two step to improve my sixty foot times. On a bike with a slider or properly set up multistage I can see one working. Is there a way to make one functional using only the clutch lever and throttle? Being somewhat inept (read uncoordinated) I cannot see myself holding and releasing a button and the clutch lever. Can a button be effectively mounted to the clutch lever somehow? On a second note one of the members, in the past, has sold a switch to control the fans independent of the switch, is that worth while and is he still around?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Search function

I just used the search function and saw several post from Taxmanhog and will study them, If anyone has anything to add please do so.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
Hope the older threads answer your questions, key point, the switch controlling the 2-step is not a push button, it's integrated into the clutch lever/switch housing, newer models have this switch integrated, older models would need to be modified with newer parts.

The following diagrams, were snipped from 2008 FXST and 2011 VRSC manuals.

Then you need to use the DRL400 in conjunction with this switch and the ignition system coils to control the desired launch RPM.

One thing to be VERY CAREFUL about when you throw the lever, full power is coming on when the 2steps drops out of the way, not sure if you've riden a wheelie or not but I bet you'll be learning real quick with this combo, throttle & rear brake feathering would be your best Friends. :deal:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts