Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright just about done with the majority of the wiring for my rebuild. Now I have the o2 ran and their 6 pin connectors ran and done, have the 8 and 23 pin wires ran to the ECM. But my problem is with the rest. I have a red (power?) and two black (grounds?) that are coming out of the WEGO unit. Does this sound right? Red I've wired over to the acc fuse, and the slightly heavier black wire I ran to the ground on the front head, in the valley. Now the second black wire the thinner one does that matter where I ground it? And next up is the green wire that goe to pin 9 on the ECM and jumps up to the data link connector pin 1. Now my Data link connector has a wire in pin 1...soooo do I pull the pin 1 out and tap it off? The electrical manual says it is a flash pin? Hope to get this done tomorrow and not to have to call twin tech.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll check my bike after work. I read somewhere in this forum that Pin 1 is removed and taped off so that's what i did. You are correct in that the red is tapped into acc fuse and black is ground on front head. I'll have to check about the 2nd black wire.
Remember to reseat the front breather tube correctly when putting the bottom air box back on (after installing the ground on front head). I didn't seat it properly and had a bunch of oil blow out during my 11:30 PM initial run.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Beach Rod, yeah that's what Lane said last night when I talked but just wanted to make sure. I broke down and called Chis at Daytona said the instructions on the web are for the new version of the VRFI so yes it will be much easier to install. But just sent the 2 blacks to a ground, and then the red to power. He said yes tape off the pin 1. Don't need to worry about the airbox since I'm running the motoholigan, but thanks for the tip/reminder.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Looks like your on the right track. What you did is all familiar, so i would have to say that your on the right track. Pin 1 for the smog box (not even use) if i can recall right. Its been a year since my install. I can look if needed after work.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Chris said that pin1 has been used in years! Gonna see if I can find the instructions at home, its been a while since I've read over them waiting to install this bad boy. Thanks again for your guys help I'm sure I'll have more questions about the tuning of the 1350 after it's up and running

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up Bub 7 2-1. Hopefully that won't cause any problems right? :hidesbeh: I got rid of the V&H Indy pipe for it....

·
'04 1300
3,061 Posts
The Bub 7 does come with the bungs. I know people with the VRFI and a Bub 7 with no issues tuning. If I ever get off my a** and install the VRFI, I'll be one of them too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts