Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching the Discovery Channel feature Seven Wonders of Motorcycles, one of the people interviewed said at 0-60 in 2.9 seconds the VROD is twice as fast as a Ferrari. Can be this be correct? (street legal Ferrari models and not Formula 1 or other race versions)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
bassist said:
motorcycle consumer news (the real bible) performance index lists 3.52 secs as the 0-60 mph time.
Both of Mine are WHOLE LOT Quicker the That! :diablo:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Ferrari isn't about the numbers :rolleyes:
(it's a saying Ferrari owners use when asked about times :mrgr: )

source Car & Driver
Stradale 0to60=4sec 1/4= 12.4 $193,000
Enzo 3.3/11.2 $659,000
575m F1 4.2/12.6 $250,000

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is this thing Americans have about 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times? Ferraris are not designed for such performance. They are designed for high speed handling dynamics, top speed, aerodynamics, etc - all of which have little or nothing to do with a 0 to 60 time. If my priority was low-speed acceleration performance, the last thing I would buy would be a Ferrari (or a V-Rod).

GT - UK
(running for cover)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
GT - UK said:
What is this thing Americans have about 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times?
Oh that's not fair - Brits are just as obsessed with these times. Have you read this week's MCN?

But I agree with your other comments

Christine

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
no picture just sound! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
KAZ, try this.
if you have windows media player
press- tools
press- options
press- performance

under video acceleration
move to the middle or none

If that doesn't do it I guess you will never know who won :rofl:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
GT - UK said:
What is this thing Americans have about 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times? Ferraris are not designed for such performance. They are designed for high speed handling dynamics, top speed, aerodynamics, etc - all of which have little or nothing to do with a 0 to 60 time. If my priority was low-speed acceleration performance, the last thing I would buy would be a Ferrari (or a V-Rod).

GT - UK
(running for cover)
GT-UK,

I think it's because the roads over your way are much better for longer than only 1/4 mile lengths and the fact that ya'll have the Autobahn within reasonable distance! :notworth:

I don't know about elswhere, but here in South East Michigan (Detroit and the Metro area), you are hardpressed and lucky to find a 1/4 mile long patch of race worthy road or long enough to even reach 60 mph! ;) :rofl2:

Maybe this is why if the rest of the USA is similar???? I also think it's rooted in the 60's and 70's torque monster hot rods of the era as well.

:cheers: :cheers:

Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts