Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding out w/ my dad today when on our way to my house. I notice this guy on a sport bike with helmet behind us. We make a right turn onto a 2 lane farm road (35 MPH). I'm very familiar with this road, it is a 1 mile stretch with no driveways etc. So after we turn right I notice the guy go into the oncoming traffic lane to pass. After behaving nicely for a full day of riding, I decide I'm going for it. I open it up and next thing I know I'm going, well, fast and a bit over the speed limit. I didn't downshift. I look behind and he is way back there so I thought oh well, he wasn't really racing. I just gave it full throttle and went through a few gears.

When we get home I ask my dad if sport bike guy was racing, he says oh yeah, he was racing, my dad says he couldn't believe how fast I took off, that one minute I was there and the next minute I was gone and the guy then gave up and let off and resorted to doing wheelies. While doing his wheelie, my dad said he downshifted twice and passed the guy too to join in the fun.

I haven't had this type of rush since some guy on a Harley tried to race me on my V-Max. But now I'm on a Harley blowing others away :).

So moral of the story, if anyone is thinking about getting a turbo, well, today made it worth it all!!! What a rush and it was good he was trying to pass on my left side.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
HAHA I love it wish I had a second bike just to do this very thing. Good job keep it up, get finished there come to Ohio there are a few bikes here that need a dose of a turbo vrod!

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
I had a similar experience just yesterday. I was at a stoplight close to home, where I knew I had a half mile of a 4 lane straight pavement with light traffic. A black sportbike with unmarked fairings pulled up on my left; my guess was that it was a 6 or 7 year old 600. Just to keep things friendly, I asked him if he liked his bike. He responded yes and we waited for the light. I pulled out in first gear ahead and hit second hard. Looking in my mirror, I could tell he was trying to catch up, about 30 feet behind. After a few seconds of hitting it in third gear, I could tell he let up. I made a right down a fast connecting street and stopped at a light. He followed me slowly far behind and made a leisurely right where I had stopped. I waved, but I think he gave me a dirty look. I figured he either probably thought I was a jerk for trying to race him; he was mad that he couldn't catch up easily, or a little of both. Turbos are definitely fun.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rocketdoc422 said:
I had a similar experience just yesterday. I was at a stoplight close to home, where I knew I had a half mile of a 4 lane straight pavement with light traffic. A black sportbike with unmarked fairings pulled up on my left; my guess was that it was a 6 or 7 year old 600. Just to keep things friendly, I asked him if he liked his bike. He responded yes and we waited for the light. I pulled out in first gear ahead and hit second hard. Looking in my mirror, I could tell he was trying to catch up, about 30 feet behind. After a few seconds of hitting it in third gear, I could tell he let up. I made a right down a fast connecting street and stopped at a light. He followed me slowly far behind and made a leisurely right where I had stopped. I waved, but I think he gave me a dirty look. I figured he either probably thought I was a jerk for trying to race him; he was mad that he couldn't catch up easily, or a little of both. Turbos are definitely fun.
If you didn't live so far I'd say it was the same bike :). The one was all black too but I never got next to him. I kept waiting for him to pull next to me (I thought he was going to blow me away) but it never happened. My dad thought it was odd him doing wheelies after he lost but I figure he was doing something to show he was "cool" after being blown away. He probably thought he was gonna womp on these cruiser guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts