Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting low comp. pistions, turbo cam and afew other goodies, my question is: I now run 9 pounds of boost if I wanted to turn the boost up to say 15 pounds of boost would I need to have an A and B map? Would I also need a boost fuel dependent regulator?

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Whats your present setup?
Do you have a turbo map sensor?
If not then I would assume that your setup is already now depending on a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
I would not recommend boost pressures higher then 11 psi - based on what I read from other members with such a setup.

·
RICK
648 Posts
You can run 15psi of boost, but you'll need a map for it. You have to remember that the 15psi will be quite a bit, so it'll run much hotter. You don't want to stay WOT for any long periods of time. I would also stud the cases and heads(heads need machined for 12mm) and replace the rods. If you don't map it(more fuel) you'll melt a piston quickly!

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
15psi on pump gas or is th race gas?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
RNTRACING said:
You can run 15psi of boost, but you'll need a map for it. You have to remember that the 15psi will be quite a bit, so it'll run much hotter. You don't want to stay WOT for any long periods of time. I would also stud the cases and heads(heads need machined for 12mm) and replace the rods. If you don't map it(more fuel) you'll melt a piston quickly!
Rick,

make an air to air intercooler already to help alleviate that issue. I bet you could sell quite a few of them!

·
RICK
648 Posts
make an air to air intercooler already to help alleviate that issue. I bet you could sell quite a few of them!

That is my winter project. It will happen!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts