Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I was riding and I noticed my left turn signal was on. Turned it off and it immediatly came back on. Then it stopped. Hour later a woman pulls flat out on me,after I give her a pleasant gesture then I realize my left turn signal was on again now it wouldnt go off. Only thing I could do was ride home with both blinkers on. Called the shop and they told me to bring it right up. Wow what a change every thing else is a two week wait.
Question is.. has anyone else had this problem? It has been two weeks and still havent seen my bike.
You would think turn signals would have to fail in a safe position.
Tony

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Nope, haven't had that happen on my '07 yet but I'll keep an eye out for it. I did burn out a bulb in the left/rear signal already after less than 6 months though. Thought that was a little odd, but fortunately they did have that in stock at the dealer and it was cheaper than autozone :eek:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
My 03 has done this since I've owned it.When I cancel it w the right switch a few times it stops working completly,makes it safe this way.I've installed 5 new switches and it will work for a while.I've also had the kill switch fail.The front brake switch has failed on our Heritage too.I've had 3 of them warranted,part only.I believe it's water intrusion on mine.I'm ordering an after market switch set that comes w the wires and ends for my 03,it's $70 for the set.
I don't have a rear brake light on the 07 V-Rod either but this is because the master cylinder sucks air,the rear brakes are useless on both of my V-Rods.I have an idea to fit an Izusu pu truck clutch master on the 07.

Oh! and while I'm bitcin,the fuel gauge on my 07 V-Rod is absolutley useless.

Elrod on the V-Rod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts