Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put quick connectors on my rear turn signals so I can swap between my LED's and stock for state inspection.

Thus my dumb question. The leads are only 2 wires per signal right (+ and -)? I am pretty positive I need to order 2 pole leads but just want to double check.

Thanks!

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I am at it, can any one recommend a good weatherproof pin and socket connector and where to find one? I am looking for something along the lines of the attached photo. McMaster has them, but they are too big (1.6" long x .85" wide x .88 tall).

Attachments

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
the R/C world has a few types of connectors for the battery packs, you might try a hobby shop?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
yes, the rear signals are only two wire. You may be able to find the correct DEUTSCH connectors at RadioShack or some other local electronics store. If not, scour ebay I know they have them.
here's what I found on ebay

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions or hints re pulling turn signal wire from mirror, through or inside handle bar, to power hook up? Thanks (2009 V Rod Muscle)
quickly comes to mind would be a thick guitar string, something rigid yet still flexible, if you haven't pulled them out yet tie string to the end so you'll have it pulled through when you pull the wires out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.