Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The saga continues as I try to get my North American Vrod modified so it complies with the regulations here in Sweden. My latest issue is turn signals.

Here in Sweden, the turn signal lamps are off except when used to indicate you are turning. My bike is configured to NA standard where the turn signal lamps are on all the time but blink brighter when indicating a turn.

Does anyone know of an easy way to change this using the existing wiring set up? I am hoping I don't have to replace the entire relay which I believe is connected to the alarm controller.

Any help is appreciated :)

BR,

Don

·
Kidzap
1,064 Posts
If you turn signal/marker lights have 2 filaments like a 1157 bulb just disconnect the wire that lights the filament for the marker light and the turn signal will work as normal.

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
...Does anyone know of an easy way to change this using the existing wiring set up? ...
As "SvFiat" mentioned, you have dual filament 1157A front signal lamps.

One way to do this that doesn't require new parts and can be reversed later is to find the 6-place, black, "Multilock" connector under the upper left side cover. Unplug this connector and remove the two blue wires from the connector half with socket terminals (this should be the one towards the front). The blue wires should be in the middle positions #3 & #4. This post shows how to release the terminals from the connector shell.

I would place heat shrink on each of the exposed terminals and zip lock them together.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Does the bike need a vihicle test to get it road legal in Sweden?
i mean the headlight and indicator reflector and lenses do not have the E4 approval.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the blue wires and disconnected them - that did the trick, Thanks for your help.

@ DUTCHROD - yes the vehicle needs an inspection before I get registration plates. I am hoping I don't have to replace all the lamps and housings. I talked to technical support regarding the inspection and it sounds like I may be okay as the bike was imported with my personal belongings in the move. I will keep my fingers crossed that that holds true on inspection day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts