Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
03 V-ROD\ 74 FLH
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding home from dealer after 2500 mile checkup, the left turn signal would not turn off. I canceled it by turning on right turn signal. now it turns on as soon as I turn on the the ignition. the left turn button does not work at all. Has anyone else ha this problem? thanks,Muldoon.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yep. I had that problem the day I rode from Tampa to Daytona for Bike Week. Pulled into Daytona, turned on the left turn signal and it wouldn't turn off. I thought I'd have to spend a week in Daytona doing nothing but left turns.
Finally shut off the bike, started it again, a few times. Then it blew the accy fuse. The V-rodforum members I met at Carabbean Jack's fixed me up with a fuse, but it still popped after a few seconds.
When that happened, I had no turn signals and no fuel gauge. I suspect I didn't have a tail light but I'm not sure.
Took it in that night to Daytona H-D.
They found a shorted wire between the exhaust and the engine or frame, sort of under the bike on the right side. Repaired it and covered it under warranty.
That's about as much info and they guy would give me -- they were really busy.
Good luck.

·
03 V-ROD\ 74 FLH
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jimaroo, thanks for the info, have not blown any fuses yet but will start tracing wires this weekend.

·
Registered
454 Posts
muldoon said:
While riding home from dealer after 2500 mile checkup, the left turn signal would not turn off. I canceled it by turning on right turn signal. now it turns on as soon as I turn on the the ignition. the left turn button does not work at all. Has anyone else ha this problem? thanks,Muldoon.
I had this problem, it was a faulty turn signal switch (shorted out). Replacement switches come with short wires so you (or the dealer) have to splice, turns out pretty messy as there's little room in the switch housings.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Turn signals

I removed the dogsa$$ and put on the rmdbillet sidemount and now when i use my blinkers, they start out at a normal blink and within a few seconds start blinking rapidly...does anyone know the cause of this :confused:

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
rude122, that indicates that there is a change in voltage through the system. Typically one turn signal bulb is burnt out. If yours are working, the new lights probably aren't the same watts as the original and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I currently have no rear turn signals at this point, could that be the cause? I have the front turn signals at the end of the drag bars i got from breathless performance and am going to have the rear ones installed shortly...do you think that would solve this issue?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
rude122, install a load equalizer, like the Biketronics SmartEqualizer that I carry... that will take care of your funky blinkin'

Your TSSM thinks there's a bulb burnt out somewhere in the signals, in your case they are not there at all. The SmartEqualizer fools the TSSM into thinking that the bulbs are still there.

muldoon, my first thought is a bad or sticking signal switch... try flicking it a few times to see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts