Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery in my 02 v-rod needed charging. I attached a low amperage charger. I checked on the bike about 4 hours and saw 16 volts on the charger's display. I then disconnected the charger and let things settle down for about an hour. When I tried to crank the bike, following the normal procedures. It started instantly. The check engine went out as it always does. The bike ran great. A few seconds after the bike started I noticed the turn signal indicators blinking fairly rapidly for a total of 6 times. I cut the bike off, waited a little while and cranked it back up. It did the same thing again and has ever since. It still runs great. Everything functions as it should. I can't figure this one out. Any help, advice, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Be Safe!

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Sounds like your TSSM may be going bad. Was the alarm set????? My bike did this to me a few times and I would ride away only to have it shut off a few minutes down the road :banghead: . I would then have to clear the codes out of the cluster and it would be fine (don't know why though). I had the TSSM replaced and never had a problem since. Also check the connector on the TSSM (it's located under the passenger seat). Before replacing the TSSM though, pull the maxi-fuse (located behind the right side louvered cover) for five minutes and then reinstall it. This will reset the bike.

And :vrodforu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts