Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Israeli V-Rod

Our front signal lights are already set up for running lights here in the States. I'm assuming you don't have a US bike or you wouldn't be asking the question. I don't know what the international bike has for wiring but what follows is the US connections.
Under the clamshell guage housing you'll find the wiring harness. On the backside of the black wiring box you'll find the turn signal wires coming from the signals into the box through a single connector. There will be three wires...black (ground), blue (signals) and purple (running). All that you have to do is (assuming you have the same wiring) is ensure that all three wires are connected. If you're adding aftermarket signals, the same connections apply.
I did this a couple of weeks ago so my memory may be off with which color is which for the running (purple or blue) but it's easy to check.
Hope this helped.

Zeeman:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I beleive that the international models only have two wires running to the turn signal. You will probably have to add a wire to get them to function as running lights.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
This shows all the parts that are different.

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Christine, a running light is just a dual element bulb that one flashes to turn while the other is on all the time. It's just to make you more noticable to cagers.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Christine said:
Isn't that a bit confusing?
I imagine they're illegal here as I have never seen them.
Christine
Not really they are different intensity's so it is very obvious which light is on.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
yep, a P21w bulb is a single filament.

as I posted over at the VTF:

let me know if you need a set of dual filament bulb socket/reflectors for your front signals, I have a bunch of them collecting dust that I'd be more than willing to donate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does any one know if the the HDI V-Rod and the US V-Rod models have the same main wiring
harness for the front trun signals.the connector is under the instrument cluster clam shell.
On the US V-Rod version It's a black 6-position connector with the following wire colors: black, violet, blue, blue, brown, black.
If this is the case I can use a set of US dual filament bulb socket/reflectors for my front siganls.
Thanks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Don't know if this is off-topic or not, but I would like to wire up my rear signals to use as running lights. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks-

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, the HDI V-Rod and the US V-Rod models have the same main wiring harness for the front turn signals, all I did was to change the 2 wires to 3 wires USA base bulb model and now my turnning lights work as running lights.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts