Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am seriously considering offering and selling a 100% turn key turboed engine producing 250 hp.reliably. They would be sold as a "complete package only", including fuel system and electronics. I am currently looking for more engine cores. They would be suitaible for the street or strip, and will not be cheap, but the real deal, tested, tuned and dynoed.I would like to see this happen if several are actually interested. Thanks Tim Doherty, Doherty Machine

Also I do not have a final price of these "yet", but working on it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
FYI: Stock cases would not handle this power for long!:D

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
If I have to ask how much, I probably can't afford it. This will be a truly new dawn in Hi-po revos. Love to watch the development. Best luck to all who get involved

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
:popcorn:popcorn
i think i just creamed myself...............

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FYI: Stock cases would not handle this power for long!:D
I did not post this to start and issue re, stock cases, Things have changed in the ways they can and are supported. 250 would be a very soft number (reliably) in our experience.
I do not want to start a debate, as i mentioned in my post we CAN supply a reliable engine at 250. Thanks
BTW we are assembling and exact engine to these exact specs to literally beat to pieces at over 300, the actual dyno WILL BE posted, the engine will be dynoed and tuned at Goes HD in Texas by Leon Brown Whom I believe many forum members are familar with.

·
Flat Broke
277 Posts
Just curious, but what types of mods are done? Are they bored to larger CC?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
This sounds very good.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I want one but I think I need the rev limiter set at 5k! :D

Seriously... I send you my bike ... what kinda of time frame we talking about?

< been a guinea pig before

·
Registered
276 Posts
Doherty Machine is someone to be reckoned with, has a very good rep in the Big twin circles
Thank you fpr our kind response.

I do want to make something VERY clear.
This NOT and attempt to sell turbo kits in any way shape or form, first we do not "ever" copy another company products, never have never will. Nick Trask is also not only a good friend, but also IMO sells the best bolt on turbo kits available.

This package is something i have worked on for some time, the engines will be built by me and NO ONE ELSE, period. no one is ever allowed to get near my work, even including my son.
Within the next week or so our website will be updated to include a very partial list of our new V rod stuff, (doherty machine.com)also a brief company history will go up, please check it out, and as always we are always open to constructive input. It is a true pleasure for me to be involved with this great motorcycle. Best Regards Tim Doherty

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I did not post this to start and issue re, stock cases, Things have changed in the ways they can and are supported. 250 would be a very soft number (reliably) in our experience.
I do not want to start a debate, as i mentioned in my post we CAN supply a reliable engine at 250. Thanks
BTW we are assembling and exact engine to these exact specs to literally beat to pieces at over 300, the actual dyno WILL BE posted, the engine will be dynoed and tuned at Goes HD in Texas by Leon Brown Whom I believe many forum members are familar with.
This is spot on. There are many changes coming around and this winter will produce some monsters many thought impossible.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
OK, I want one. Reliable is the key. Put me down, Tim. Joe

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
bolt 3 of em together to make 750hp and I'll buy one for my Z32TT

holy sh!t :eek:)

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
, the engine will be dynoed and tuned at Goes HD in Texas by Leon Brown Whom I believe many forum members are familar with.
Goe HD in Angleton? Thats where I'm picking up my bike in a little over a month! Why there if you live in AZ?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts