Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
184hp... :rofl:
custom exhaust....must be a spinner muffler... :rofl:
$22K... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Strange pics - it says custom exhaust and then the first 3 pics show Trask stock exhaust and the last pic shows the pipe coming out the rear ... hmmmmmm

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Don't know anything about this, but found it in my local craigslist.
2006 Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle V-Rod Vrscse2 - $22000

Anyone who is serious and can arrange it, I would be happy to take it out for a spin :D

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/2151572807.html
He'll be sitting on that bike for a long time, not worth 22k by any stretch... I don't believe the hp/tq numbers either... It doesn't have an external waste gate or manual boost control and 9 lbs of boost isn't going to produce those numbers... Notice he didn't post the dyno sheet... Nothing special about this bike...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
You can't blame a guy for trying. You know damn well the wolves will be at the door low balling his azz into submission. Start high for a few weeks, why not. The wheeler dealers will always be there to rape him. :angeldev:

184hp? 184 sound real ambitious for a stocker, Didn't the SE's have a 1250 with cam upgrade and porting to the heads and other goodies? Besides that's in metrics. :D

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
You can't blame a guy for trying. You know damn well the wolves will be at the door low balling his azz into submission. Start high for a few weeks, why not. The wheeler dealers will always be there to rape him. :angeldev:

184hp? 184 sound real ambitious for a stocker, Didn't the SE's have a 1250 with cam upgrade and porting to the heads and other goodies? Besides that's in metrics. :D
I believe so, still wait'en for my cranolli :)...

·
Registered
296 Posts
There is a Trask Turbo'd 08 Night Rod for sale here in PA with a purpose built motor(lowered compression)that at 9psi makes 170hp to the ground,I could see that claimed HP number being made easily depending on what has been done inside the motor and/or what changes have been made turbo wise.You guys are way to skeptical and too quick to judge a person just based on an ad IMO.

As for the price of the bike itself.....
Out here(because I am still searching for a VRSCSE2 in Yellow)I can tell you you will not sniff the end of the pipes on ANY color SE2 for less than 17k used and the lesser mileage ride have been bringing more.Its one of the main reasons I have been thinking about a different color and sliding back a year and considering buying Hi-Def's ride he has advertised here.

This guy may be a bit high for sure,but,its his ride and just as anyone of us would do we would not want anyone trying to low ball us for a deal so why make fun of what he wants for the ride.Some people may just be in a place to sit on the deal rather than allow anyone to insult us with low ball offers.Bottom line is,its his and worth whatever he can get from it no matter what anyone else says.........Andy

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
There is a Trask Turbo'd 08 Night Rod for sale here in PA with a purpose built motor(lowered compression)that at 9psi makes 170hp to the ground,I could see that claimed HP number being made easily depending on what has been done inside the motor and/or what changes have been made turbo wise.You guys are way to skeptical and too quick to judge a person just based on an ad IMO.

As for the price of the bike itself.....
Out here(because I am still searching for a VRSCSE2 in Yellow)I can tell you you will not sniff the end of the pipes on ANY color SE2 for less than 17k used and the lesser mileage ride have been bringing more.Its one of the main reasons I have been thinking about a different color and sliding back a year and considering buying Hi-Def's ride he has advertised here.

This guy may be a bit high for sure,but,its his ride and just as anyone of us would do we would not want anyone trying to low ball us for a deal so why make fun of what he wants for the ride.Some people may just be in a place to sit on the deal rather than allow anyone to insult us with low ball offers.Bottom line is,its his and worth whatever he can get from it no matter what anyone else says.........Andy
Hate to disagree with you Andy but your not going to get 184 ponies out of a 1250 with 9 lbs of boost, ain't gunna happen... No matter what you do to a turbo, 9 lbs of boost is 9 lbs of boost... Even with the next size large turbo, if it's set for 9 lbs thats all your going to get... I believe the 170 with the right mods to the turbo and heads is realistic... In order to get that kind of ponies (184) you need to have Nick put on an external waste gate and manual boost control with boost set at 10 lbs, stiffer valve springs and some head work... Cams and porting isn't going to buy you much with forced induction... Course you don't have to take my word for it, call Nick up and ask him... I'm going to be doing a total makeover on my 06 Nightrod, already have the turbo and know what I have to do to get 185 to 190 out of a 1130...

I'm not diss'en the guy, he's trying to sell his bike and if he can get 22k for it, all the power to him... He could have been told by the wrench at Latus that that was what he was getting on the dyno and not know but those of us that have been running turbo's know that you can't get that kinda horsepower with a stock motor and 9 lbs of boost...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hate to disagree with you Andy but your not going to get 184 ponies out of a 1250 with 9 lbs of boost, ain't gunna happen. No matter what you do to a turbo, 9 lbs of boost is 9 lbs of boost..
I am going to disagree with that and the follow with this...
I am not a person who does not or is not uneducated on turbos and how they work.I have alot of knowledge with them as one of the area I roll in spends alot of time at high boost applications.There are no two turbos that are the same and while your comment of 9lbs of boost is 9lbs of boost may sound correct to you,they are in fact different with each turbo.9lbs of boost will vary with each size charger and air charges get larger and cooler the larger you go.As the air charges volume increases so does the HP/Tq.Its looks like a standard Trask kit on the ride but from a look at a photo we do not know if it is the Trask charger or a different charger installed by the shop that built the deal.

I am new to the turbo's on a V,I will admit that,but turbos are turbos in any application and the theory of boost does not change just because we are talking about motorcycles.Schwitzer S300 frames are what we generally use on our diesels and you would never tell us that a small 62mm wheel charger at xxlbs of boost would create the same air charge as a 66mm wheel charger at the same boost.........Andy

P.S.-I didn't see anywhere in his ad that the motor was stock,did I miss something somewhere?.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts