Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Turbo:confused:
I Just hope it doesn't stick out away a mile from the bike.
From what I've read here on the forum,There is a blower on the way.:D I hope that doesn't stick out a mile.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
If anyone sees this forced induced system for the V-Rod please post it here. I will be a guinnea pig for that if well done.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
IBET YOU WOULD!:sinister: "Be a Guinnea Pig":rolleyes: ;)

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Look who's talking! Wouldn't you?:slap2: :stilpoke

Friend here ordered an orange colored V-Rod just to race it. His shop colors are HD orange. He is fixed on a turbo V-Rod. I'm more interested in the BB kit really. That is until the kazmanian devil and my friend here get one, see it done. I ride on the street mainly and even with a less powerful motorcycle (mine) if ridden more often the way I do, it will break easier.

Really, really? I'd do both at same time :diablo: after the turbo woes and kinks worked out. Wouldn't like to have the BB then have to detune motor for a turbo. Any of this sound like overkill to anyone? Starting to for me. I'm old.;)

Attachments

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Would need a plastic surgeon for repairs. I agree. This is from some guys in denmark if I recall, an engineering project or something. That is what I would call an unrefined product at best. They use a cover for it.

Attachments

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Then!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
In the February issue of Cycle World Magazine Mr. Turbo has made a turbo kit for a Kawasaki Vulcan. Without the optional intercooler this thing is all but invisible. Hope some on there is working on one for our V-Rods.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I think he's into that big bore.I know he got the big-bore running 10.8's.From what it sounds like,He's been doing quit a bit of big bores lately,for customer's.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I'm getting a woody just thinking about the power a turbo will make:D

·
KenH
6 Posts
I spoke to ATP (American Turbo Power) in CA early January. They said the demand wasn't really there But, are thinking of doing a Turbo for the V-Rod around Fall/Winter 2004. We should all call them and tell them to hurry up.
Ken in Windsor, Ontario - Canada

ref:
http://www.atp-hd.com/

·
2,552 Posts
klh said:
I spoke to ATP (American Turbo Power) in CA early January. They said the demand wasn't really there But, are thinking of doing a Turbo for the V-Rod around Fall/Winter 2004. We should all call them and tell them to hurry up.
Ken in Windsor, Ontario - Canada

ref:
http://www.atp-hd.com/

I emailed them with a request. Come on everyone that wants more POWER email them. [email protected]

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Done!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I would LOVE ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Autobanmod
9,901 Posts
The supercharged V-rod (pics from Eduard) is made by two young swiss engineers.
www.tompressor.ch
It was their diploma work.
I mailed them last summer and they told me that they wanted to commercialize it.
Based on my personal experience I would not recommend a compressor on my V-rod. The RPM band of the revolution engine is far too wide for a mechanically driven supercharger.
Turbo charger makes much more sense.

J-D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts