Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
No, they show original hp as 106 and 210 after the turbo install. That's a hefty claim. RNT Racing has a 1320 BB with destroyer heads, the works with a trask and that is pushing 210 hp.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you look at the pictures it is a trick setup, it has a nice size intercooler and the setup is clean and well done. The intercooler should allow you to run more boost and get more HP than other setups without.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
That seems reasonable considering they are pushing .9 Bar (~13 lbs/sq in). Their 250 hp on race gas is pushing 17.4 lbs/sq in. That's well over double what the Trask system uses.

The BIG question is life expectancy. At those head pressures I can see head bolts and other parts being stressed WAY beyond their capabilities. These certainly aren't bolt on street kits unless you don't mind rebuilding your motor every few months.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
I agree with MJW, the concern I have is where the inter cooler is and how it will affect the normal flow to the radiator?

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's considerably more expensive than the Trask but it is water cooled which is presumably why it can reputedly make more power. Not so nice and chromey though. I didn't check the pics closely - is it intercooled?

My 2.5 turbo Subaru makes 340 hp. You can get more but above 380 - 400 HP you start to risk unreliability. I'd be surprised if the VR motor was much more solidly built than the Subaru. If you divide down to equalise the capacity you get around 170 hp as a reliable equivalent although the VR revs higher of course.

Still if the guy is dragging it that should soon show any reliability glitches. Wouldn't want to be on it at the top end if it lets go though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts