Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have the turbo installed on their R, this thread is for you.
I'm about this close ' ' to getting a turbo. I've seen a lot of the D's end up with crispy legs. I'm wondering if this is the same for us R owners. If you've had ANY problems with the heat from the exaust pipe/exaust please let me know. If you haven't had any issues, I'd like to know that as well. But please, :worthless: post em, lets see em!

-Bill

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow...
24 hours w/o a reply... Where have all the Turbo R's gone! :D :)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Here's one I had stored. Don't know exactly where it came from tho.

·
VRSCRT
193 Posts
sorry, don't have a pic handy, but there isn't a problem when you're riding it. when you put your leg down at a stop it can get pretty warm. i bvelieve more air gap on the heat shield will help, or add some header wrap.

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
That's so sick. I want one on my Street rod.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
if you wanna turbo your street rod, go through DDStreetrod , he has all the schematics and pressures and the map for your bike already done....an awesome guy to deal with too

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Bret said:
Here's one I had stored. Don't know exactly where it came from tho.

Thats my bike.

Xoygeha,
I responded to your PM. If you get it, you will be happy. I believe if the heats sheild installed, there wouldnt be much of an issue

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'd love to have one, but for the price, I think I'll pass. Hell, for a couple more thousand $s, you could buy a used VRod.

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
yes, that may be true, but....it wouldn't be turbo!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I was looking at the RCC(?) turbo setup that bad-attitude has on his bike. It basically flips the turbo over and allows you to keep your exhaust the way it is for the most part.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
will hunt for pics!

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts

Here it is!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I believe they are reactors not buell wheels. It is sick for sure. looks even better in person!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Haven't had any issues with mine. My turbo sits out further then the Trask unit to aid in cooling. Its all in the mounting. If at a stoplight for a couple of minutes the area does get warm but I have never burnt anything. Well, except a few bikes that thought they were quicker :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts