Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Which power adder do you use

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making this a Poll because I am curious to some percentages.
Which Turbo system do you recommend and why?
What is it about the other turbo systems you don't like?
Would like some websites for the turbo's that are available. And before anyone suggests 'home setup' I am not looking for anything more than 10# of boost. Thanks in advance for the information.

-Bill

p.s. and yes, I mean nos

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Nitro? Wow that'd be a fun ride!:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Which Turbo

I went with the Trask Turbo mainly from recommendations and experiences on this forum.

I have modified so many engines over the years it was nice to just bolt on extra HP without splitting cases.

Great fit, quality well thought out kit - looks like a factory part. Excellent service form Nick and all at CP.

I do not like the hit with nitrous on the street

SteveO

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
pm me and I'll tell you what's up:sinister: ! RCC all the WAY:heart: !!!

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
The Trask kit is a bolt on and ride experience. Installed, it does look like a factory part. Nick supports his product well.

·
____
1,519 Posts
I will reiterate the information given on this forum for my reason with going with the Trask setup. I have had a few minor issues but Nick has taken care of them via next day shipments and responses to calls/emails. Nick and his crew are second to none when it comes to taking care of his customers.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok seriously, I don't want this thread to turn into a Bash Kaz, or Bash Smokinjoe thread. I'm just lookin for information. The numbers will speak for themselves. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Xoygeha said:
Ok seriously, I don't want this thread to turn into a Bash Kaz, or Bash Smokinjoe thread. I'm just lookin for information. The numbers will speak for themselves. Thanks.
I am with ya. Sorry to spout off. I just got to let the truth be known. If ya cant explain the benefit of a particular system in a public forum. What could be the benefit of pm'ing the details. Shady. Also never trust members that are afraid to sign in without being in invisible mode.:wazzup:

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Fact is look/compare the dyno sheets, the Trask makes more torque sooner than any other currently available vrod turbo system, comes on boost quicker. If your going the turbo route, Trask is it.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
for your comparison

Don't overly concentrate on peak #s, look more where torque starts to take off/boost starts rpm wise, and its trend.

1st is RCC, 2nd stock vrod, 3rd Trask

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Super Kaz said:
pm me and I'll tell you what's up:sinister: ! RCC all the WAY:heart: !!!
Tell us Kaz.Why does it have to so top secret?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I can't speak to the RCC system but my experience with Custom Performance (Trask) is that they absolutely stand behind everything they do. Anything that isn't right will be made right, right freakin now. No excuses.

Good luck with your decision.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Are you out of your mind? You keep running that junk and youll never go any faster!:wazzup:

Oh boy, here comes the never ending trash, er, uh, trask commercial again. Sell your soul to the devil....go ahead and buy that trask setup........

Now, if you want something that looks awesome and has great lines....RCC all the way baby. I'm glad you guys all like the trask setup.......makes it easy to rise to the top of the heap here!

(please don't start sending me pm's.....i won't read them, they'll not change my mind, and besides that......most of the little fun that I have in my life comes from getting the trask owners all fired up)

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
polizzio said:
Don't overly concentrate on peak #s, look more where torque starts to take off/boost starts rpm wise, and its trend.

1st is RCC, 2nd stock vrod, 3rd Trask
Are those same bike, same dyno, same time, with tune? Otherwise they're all :stac: .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts