Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 dx with bub 2-2 pipes and a sert high flow air filter and thats it. i am thinking of alot more power out of it and know there is a big debate on which is better but my question is what i actually will need extra to fit the trask turbo on my rod and would a turbo be better on the motor in the long run. i have heard that supers are basically on all the time and that causes alot of stress and makes motors go boom. i really dont want anything i cant ride on long trips and dont want to blow motor. any advice ive even looked for a big bore kit but have little luck finding one. just want opinions.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
This has been debated over and over it is going to be up to you. It is your money.

The turbo comes as a kit and has everything you need except for the dyno tune to finish it off.

The turbo has many miles of long hauls on them with no problems.

You will find out that the problem with BB and S/C and Turbos are the operators can not control their wrist over mind.... tire smoking, rolling burouts, high speed runs bounching off the rev limiter fun to no end.

Good luck on you choice.

I just put 3000 miles on mine in 6 days and 3 days riding all over the badlands , Mount Rushmore area.

rsc

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
i have a 07 dx with bub 2-2 pipes and a sert high flow air filter and thats it. i am thinking of alot more power out of it and know there is a big debate on which is better but my question is what i actually will need extra to fit the trask turbo on my rod and would a turbo be better on the motor in the long run. i have heard that supers are basically on all the time and that causes alot of stress and makes motors go boom. i really dont want anything i cant ride on long trips and dont want to blow motor. any advice ive even looked for a big bore kit but have little luck finding one. just want opinions.
If you buy the Trask kit you will need to add either the T-Maxx or a Race Tuner. You have to get the map in there somehow. Other than that, I think that's it....oh and more gas....and a wider helmet to fit your smile that will grow...

I melted a piston with mine...but like RSC said...my fault. I was running cheap gas and dogging the crap out of it on the Autobahn...I have 20k on the rebuild and no problems. It will not change the bikes ability to be ridden long distance.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,130 Posts
If you buy the Trask kit you will need to add either the T-Maxx or a Race Tuner. You have to get the map in there somehow. Other than that, I think that's it....oh and more gas....and a wider helmet to fit your smile that will grow...
And apparently a way to filter the IAC if you care about the small stuff like me :).

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Not true, blowers have waste gates so even tho they are turning, it's the same as a turbo... Both create boost and both have pro's and con's... If you want some extra ponies that you occassioally get into then the turbo is the way to go, good reliability and many happy smiles along the way... If you want a more linier power band and like to race, then the blower is the way to go... I run both and I'm happy with both :)...

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Hmm.. I am currently pondering this dilema myself.

There are a few here with turbo's not many with SC's the ones with SC's are running the Sprintex one.

I'm running SE heads, 58mm tb's, Jones 440/440 cams. So i'm not sure if the turbo will suite my engine config...

The turbo is out there and you cant really miss it where the SC seems to have a cleaner look. Decisions decisions..

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
wait till you ride one...lol

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Hmm.. I am currently pondering this dilema myself.

There are a few here with turbo's not many with SC's the ones with SC's are running the Sprintex one.

I'm running SE heads, 58mm tb's, Jones 440/440 cams. So i'm not sure if the turbo will suite my engine config...

The turbo is out there and you cant really miss it where the SC seems to have a cleaner look. Decisions decisions..

That depends which side you are looking at LOL
All honesty by looking at pics of the sc, it sticks out some to but how much compared to turbo,not sure I wish I could see one in person to measure just for.curiosity sake. They both make alot power

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
[/B]

All honesty by looking at pics of the sc, it sticks out some to but how much compared to turbo,not sure I wish I could see one in person to measure just for.curiosity sake. They both make alot power
Get your ass up to MWT this summer and you can see Joe's SC with the 40-ft long carbon fiber pipe :)

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Get your ass up to MWT this summer and you can see Joe's SC with the 40-ft long carbon fiber pipe :)
Yeah Yeah.... I hear ya Wish I could make it sometime, usually time is not on my side.
BTW Kevin, I got the mail, thank you

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
[/B]

I can't tell you what or how much a blower would stick out versus the turbo on a V-Rod but I can tell you that the blower on my dresser isn't that bad... It doesn't get in the way and this blower is 1/3 bigger than my Trask Turbo... If Pro-charger comes out with a kit for the Rod, I'm sure it will fit nicely :)...

Attachments

·
SUPERCHARGER GUY
433 Posts
we have a revised kit coming out in the New Year. Utilising the knowledge we have gained from the race conversion we think the new kit not only will look great but will perform even better then before. We have in house CNC and CAD design now and it's showing in our product range. We should have something to show you by the end of Jan. :)

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
we have a revised kit coming out in the New Year. Utilising the knowledge we have gained from the race conversion we think the new kit not only will look great but will perform even better then before. We have in house CNC and CAD design now and it's showing in our product range. We should have something to show you by the end of Jan. :)[/QU

Making us wait for over a month, (Ouch) can't wait to see it

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
we have a revised kit coming out in the New Year. Utilising the knowledge we have gained from the race conversion we think the new kit not only will look great but will perform even better then before. We have in house CNC and CAD design now and it's showing in our product range. We should have something to show you by the end of Jan. :)[/QU

Making us wait for over a month, (Ouch) can't wait to see it
Better get rid of that piece a garbage T-Max bro, it won't work, especially with a blower :)....

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
I like the SC. I run a 40 foot muffler, so it is quiet, yet has 155 HP. Fast, quiet, fun. I have only seen 1 turbo with a muffler, the rest no muffler, and noisy. Joe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts