Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, if anyone has an idea of which parts is needed and suitable for a stock 2008 VRSCDX, if you want to purchase a Trasks turbo kit??..

PcIII, maps, k&n filter, and?????

Hope someone will be willing to state their opinion...

Best regards

Thomas

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Mr.TT said:
I was wondering, if anyone has an idea of which parts is needed and suitable for a stock 2008 VRSCDX, if you want to purchase a Trasks turbo kit??..

PcIII, maps, k&n filter, and?????

Hope someone will be willing to state their opinion...

Best regards

Thomas
I believe the trask kit is complete with the exception of the SERT. You'll want to change the oil and filter, or at least the oil, when you make the swap. There are some add-ons you can get such as the heat shield and boost gauge. I think you can also opt for a chrome plenum for a few extra bucks. I'm not a trask expert so I'm sure one of the tribe will chime in.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
The trask kit comes complete, except for the Harley race tuner which is needed to download the map. The map is included. There are some extras like a boost gauge, chrome air filter cover, chrome heat shield for the intake, but it otherwise comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, appretiate it!!.. Actually, I wrote an email to the Trask guys yestoday, asking them if they have any dyno runs with a kit on the 2008, but unfortunally, they havent... yet...

By the way, how will the noise level be with the turbo??...

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Mr.TT said:
Thanks guys, appretiate it!!.. Actually, I wrote an email to the Trask guys yestoday, asking them if they have any dyno runs with a kit on the 2008, but unfortunally, they havent... yet...

By the way, how will the noise level be with the turbo??...
I had the pleasure of riding behind one this weekend... Noise is not an issue. Have fun with the blow dryer.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
ram41569 said:
Is the exhaust baffled?how loud is it?
Baffled? Yeah it's baffled buy the turbo. It's not loud at all IMHO. Louder then stock, quieter then a CFR.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
ram41569 said:
Is the exhaust baffled?how loud is it?
Yep, what BikerBill said. The turbo has a good sound to it but not as loud as a CFR or Rinehart.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
You can request an extra baffle placed in the exhaust, which they say takes the edge off the exhaust sound. I originally had one placed in my exhaust and took it off...and found little difference in the sound so I left it off. Its louder than stock but not as loud as other aftermarket pipes I've heard elsewhere.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Has anyone had one on an 08 with O2 sensor yet??????

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
I believe Nick has a fix for the 02 senors, don't know if it works with the system or he went around them.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Log on to turboyourharley.com for contact information to Nick Trask / CP Performance and he'll answer all of your questions. Great guy to deal with. If and when you decide to purchase you can do that right here on the Forum through Max. Check out the 1130cc store on the LH side of the home page.

Welcome to the Forum. Pat.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
My understanding is that you can use the race tuner to eliminate the closed loop function on the 2008 ecms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts