Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thougt I would post some of my pics from my install so far. I thought these may fill in some holes in the instructions and at least be interesting viewing for those considering doing a turbo or just interested in one.

I have a few friends who dont ride v's who want to see what I am doing so forgive me if I post some before shots of my stock bike so they can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the turbo comes packed well. Everything was boxed and bound tight.

Have to remove the airbox top, and the filter, bottom and the IAT.

Have to remove the two fuel lines...the instrucions say Blue, but the 07 has one blue and one green...just squeeze the tabs together and push the plastic clip back through the housing.

You have to bleed down the pressure in the fuel rail but the instructions show that very well.

The fuel rail in the last pic has to be tapped and that nipple inserted...really easy to do and they supply the tap...although it helps to have a tap handle instead of a drill to do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next main thing is to remove the filler hose from the radiator. The plenum will interfere with this so it needs to have the filler opening moved to the front of the bike about 4 inches. You have to remove the covers and clamps going down to the water pump as well as removing the pipe clamp from the radiator. I removed the side cover to make it easier to acess. I also removed the ignition to make it easier to get at that top clamp and to reinstall the hose.

You can see the hose before its cut. You have to cut it about 1 inch back from the T and 1/4" forward of the weld by the filler neck. You then use a 2" piece of hose and two clamps to put it all back together but shorter :) I didnt tighten up the clamps all the way till I had it all back together as once it was in I had to adjust the angle of the filler neck to go around the plenum (see in a later pic)

Attachments

·
MISSISSIPPI KID
1,352 Posts
Just like Christmas!!!!!

I remember getting my Turbo package from Fedex and it felt just like Christmas as a child again! I could'nt stop myself from tearing into that box and for 3 days and nights I went for it! When I finally got the map on and everything right...it has been arse ripping ever since!:D No middle of the road fence sitting for me! Close to 170 ponies w/110 tq. everytime I twist the throttle! Sweet! Jeb:moped:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First pic is a shot of the hose reinstalled on the bike...paying attention to how you put the hose clamps on and which way you align them helps when you go to tighten it all down.

You have to loctite studs into the throttle body...they will hold down the plenum when you attach it.

have to remove the oil filter and its housing. You have to drill and tap the filter housing to add an oil line to the turbo.

I took the bolts loose first then if you hold your mouth just right and stand on your head you can get the housing to come out of the frame on the right side of the bike.

There is a little plastic cap that needs to be pryed up. Under that is a little green spring retaining clip. I used a set of ring pliers to fish this thing out of the groove. They were not meant to do that, but its the only thing I could find that was strong enough and small enough. Of course harley sells a specialty tool to do this if you have money to burn.

Once you remove this the oil line comes right out.

you then have to take the housing and drill directly through the middle round port you see in the next to the last pic here. Then you turn her over and tap the other side to install a fitting for the turbo line. I hooked up the compressor to blow all the shavings out of the housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I am doing this I realize I left out some steps on the photos like a nice pic of what the throttle body looks like when its off and where all those bolts are I talked about.

I will get more pics and I go forward and post them here.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts