Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody dynoed a turbo dx/aw yet? I would like to know what kind of power they make with the big tire. Mine is getting put on right now and i am anxious. I just don't want to put it on a dyno around me cuz the idiots will probably blow it up. Just want to know what power I should be putting down with the 240-260.

Thank you

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just use the CP map. Confirm with Nick that you have the correct map. Put it on the dyno just to confirm the the air/fuel looks OK.

cruizer

·
Registered
519 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Patm just got his DX with the turbo. Still has to run low boost till the motor is broke in.
How do you control the boost. Gonna start riding my bike next week and I think it is time to start understanding this thing...

Anyone have a 2007 map for CP?

·
Registered
519 Posts
cruizer said:
The MAP should have been on a cd with the kit, if not call CP and they will email you one.
My CD only has a 2006 map - nothing for 2007.

·
MISSISSIPPI KID
1,352 Posts
Should hit 150 to 165 rwhp!

Sounds like some good times coming. I have the 04 B and have had it dyno tuned just to make sure everything checked out. Since Nick does recommend this on his disc. I think Trask and boys always back their product so give him a call on that map! The bigger tire will probably get you 155 rwhp min. I think that is what others have reported. Good riding! Show us some pics soon! Jeb :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this is a 8lb boost kit, shouldn't the map only be for 8lbs. And shouldn't it be the only map on the disk? Man i am so scared my tech is gonna **** it up if i dyno it. I just want to run the map just like Max did without dynoing, bikes only got 1000 miles on it so it should be fine with his map. I believe Trask says it may be a little rich, but thats better than being lean.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
RODent said:
How do you control the boost. Gonna start riding my bike next week and I think it is time to start understanding this thing...

Anyone have a 2007 map for CP?
The Trask turbo now comes with an adjustable rod that you can lengthen or shorten for boost adjustment, if required. I talked to Nick today and it's part of their evolution as my 04 doesn't have the same rod. I don't have dyno numbers because the motor is brand new and we didn't want to beat it up. The map from Trask is dead on so dyno tuning wasn't utilized. Runs good at reduced boost for about the next 1000 miles, then look out!

FYI, I have a second bike, an 04 B model with a 1250 BB and the Trask turbo. It has a 240 on the back with the stock wheels, slotted and chromed which aren't light and it dyno'd right @ 160 RWHP and 110 ft lbs of torque. It's the torque that'll really make you smile.

Must have been a full moon last night. I lit the back tire up ( which I never do ) after snapping the throttle and a nice long burnout I sat on the seat and pinned it, my wife was hotter than the back tire when I came home to about 150 feet of burnt rubber on the road, in front of the house. Apparently some neighborhood kids now need therapy. :)

Love the turbo. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
patm said:
The Trask turbo now comes with an adjustable rod that you can lengthen or shorten for boost adjustment, if required. I talked to Nick today and it's part of their evolution as my 04 doesn't have the same rod. I don't have dyno numbers because the motor is brand new and we didn't want to beat it up. The map from Trask is dead on so dyno tuning wasn't utilized. Runs good at reduced boost for about the next 1000 miles, then look out!

FYI, I have a second bike, an 04 B model with a 1250 BB and the Trask turbo. It has a 240 on the back with the stock wheels, slotted and chromed which aren't light and it dyno'd right @ 160 RWHP and 110 ft lbs of torque. It's the torque that'll really make you smile.

Must have been a full moon last night. I lit the back tire up ( which I never do ) after snapping the throttle and a nice long burnout I sat on the seat and pinned it, my wife was hotter than the back tire when I came home to about 150 feet of burnt rubber on the road, in front of the house. Apparently some neighborhood kids now need therapy. :)

Love the turbo. :hidesbeh:
So I just adjust the rod to adjust boost? And how do I read boost at Trask guage, etc. etc. I know little about turbos...

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
It'll come pre set and I'd leave it there. 8 lbs is good and most important, reliable.

The kit also comes with a nice information package, disk etc. If you have any questions Max and Nick the creator are both very approachable and will answer any questions or solve any concerns you may have. An initial concern may be where to buy rear tires and how to duck tape your hands to the bars unless you have some healthy biceps. LOL.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Shima if your disc doesn't have an 07 map on it I'll see if I can get one emailed to you. I don't have a copy but should be able to get one. I don't suggest adjusting the waste gate rod until you have run it and confirm the boost either too high or low. It should have come set right.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Max said:
Shima if your disc doesn't have an 07 map on it I'll see if I can get one emailed to you. I don't have a copy but should be able to get one. I don't suggest adjusting the waste gate rod until you have run it and confirm the boost either too high or low. It should have come set right.
Max I'll take a 07 map if you have one available... I know I didn't buy through you but I didn't know you could buy shiet here :D.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Max, do you think I can run on the provided map and still get about 160 hp without a tune? I am waiting to tune because this winter I want to get the turbo cams and take to Eagle HD to get it tuned perfect. I figure i can run the trask map, which he said might be a little rich and was made for 91 octane, on 93 octane and almost be perfect without a tune, FOR NOW. The idiots around here dont know how to tune a lawn mower!! lol

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Shima said:
Max, do you think I can run on the provided map and still get about 160 hp without a tune? I am waiting to tune because this winter I want to get the turbo cams and take to Eagle HD to get it tuned perfect. I figure i can run the trask map, which he said might be a little rich and was made for 91 octane, on 93 octane and almost be perfect without a tune, FOR NOW. The idiots around here dont know how to tune a lawn mower!! lol
Install Trask turbo and provided map. No dyno tune required for 160 RWHP. Voila, you're done. Don't waste your money on dyno tuning. Trask has done it for you. Yes, it's that easy. :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I run 93 octane and the stock map sent to me by Nick. It is rich but my bike runs perfect. Rich is safe especially when your talking turbos.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
RODent said:
So I just adjust the rod to adjust boost? And how do I read boost at Trask guage, etc. etc. I know little about turbos...
I'll see if I can get you a copy of an 07 map.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Max said:
I run 93 octane and the stock map sent to me by Nick. It is rich but my bike runs perfect. Rich is safe especially when your talking turbos.
Very good point Max.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
awsome, I will get it tuned when i get the cams this winter. Then it should be a torquey ass bike(if the cams can pop that torque curve up to about 120 like I am hoping).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts