Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DX in February and finally got the scratch together to put some slipons etc...on. I put the baffled TABS with the TAB fuel tuner and high flow air filter on it. The tuner seemed to be set correctly from the start, so I left it as it was...at first. However, I have ridden recently in higher altitudes and noticed that once I had ridden for a while and the bike heated up, the engine stuttered in low RPMs. At about 3000. I got home and played with the TAB tuner and now I think that I have it out of whack. Now it seems to stutter in the same low RPM range...2500 to 3000 but at my normal altitude. There is no excessive backfiring or popping during deceleration. Not sure how to proceed. I am not sure what to look for when making the pot adjustments. It seems like a lot of guesswork at this point Any advice out there?

I have an 09' DX. I also noticed that with the new slipons there is not quite as much punch when you hit the power band range. Is that normal when putting on the higher air flow exhaust?

·
Registered
164 Posts
sounds like you need a custom tune or the exact A/F settings for your set up from someone. the great thing about those tuner devices is that its all changeable, so you really cant mess anything up. you just need the proper settings for your bike. as far as where to get these from, well you can ask around here if someone has the same set up as you. or you can go to a tuner and get a dyno tyne and map made. either way you are not too far off from being where you need to be. hopefully you can resolve the issue without having to spend anymore money. the parts you have are great for your bike so the hard part is done. now its just adjustments. and thats to be expected. but with those tabs you will see an increase throughout the power band. the fact that its is acting different now is just the tuning thats making it do that . trust once you get the proper map or tuning for your application you will love it. i dont have that particular set up so i cant help you with a map.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reassurance. I love the bike and I am just starting to customize it to me a little. I will check around. I also heard that calling Todd at TAB would be a good idea.

Thanks

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
and noticed that once I had ridden for a while and the bike heated up, the engine stuttered in low RPMs. At about 3000.
Your home base is Fresno, what exactly are you referring to as higher altitudes? Just curiosity, as I agree with the previous posters in that getting a map from here or calling TAB will set you straight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Fresno is lowlander territory but in our back yard is the mighty Sierra Nevada range. Also Yosemite National Park. Lots of great roads! I am off for the next couple of days and am hoping to dial this in this weekend. I was also contemplating modifying the airbox cover and going semi-topless, any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts