Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ernest
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 wheel tunes.jpg
Has anyone mounted this on their VRod? Where did you mount the amplifier and which speakers clamps were used? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Someone posted here putting some low freq speakers in the airbox with those for high frequency, with a crossover and second amp. Said it works great. Those by themselves, won't provide any low frequency sound..

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I wouldn't put an iPod on the handlebars. I had one mounted in a bracket on an '04 Heritage and it worked for about 30 minutes then the iPod locked up due to the vibration. I didn't think there was much, but apparently it was enough to screw things up. Now I just keep the iPod in my pocket and no lockups yet. I use it with some Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
dcom said:
I wouldn't put an iPod on the handlebars. I had one mounted in a bracket on an '04 Heritage and it worked for about 30 minutes then the iPod locked up due to the vibration. I didn't think there was much, but apparently it was enough to screw things up. Now I just keep the iPod in my pocket and no lockups yet. I use it with some Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones.
Let me attest to the fact that your iPod should not come in contact with the vibrations from your bike! Well, the hard drive types (video), anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Agree - go solid state... use memory card based MP3 player. There are lots of them available. Additionally, if you have a PocketPC based phone, those work well too.

If you have concerns about weather, check the new weather proof RAM Mount boxes. I wouldn't leave this on full-time... but it beats no -tunes during a wet ride.

·
Dave
248 Posts
Here is the link regarding the sub mounted under the airbox cover.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67548&highlight=speakers

I've been toying around the idea of setting up some type of system on my bike as well. I like this sytem http://www.customdynamics.com/2_wheel_tunes_speakers.htm but I'm concerend it won't be loud enough at cruising speed with my Reinhards. I like the idea of putting a sub in the airbox, then there is the wiring and the additional mounting for my XM and so on. A lot to think about to get it right.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
I switched from this system to the 2 wheel tunes system the OP asked about. Very nice system. I also upgraded to the highway acoustical baffles and they made quite a difference. The system is well worth the cash.

One caveat however is that the company went out of business, so there may be warranty issues. I hear they were bought out and will be released again under a new name, but have no idea if they will warrantee the old customers.

I got them from customdynamics.

SirMrMr said:
Here is the link regarding the sub mounted under the airbox cover.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67548&highlight=speakers

I've been toying around the idea of setting up some type of system on my bike as well. I like this sytem http://www.customdynamics.com/2_wheel_tunes_speakers.htm but I'm concerend it won't be loud enough at cruising speed with my Reinhards. I like the idea of putting a sub in the airbox, then there is the wiring and the additional mounting for my XM and so on. A lot to think about to get it right.

·
Registered
531 Posts
spinedoc said:
I switched from this system to the 2 wheel tunes system the OP asked about. Very nice system. I also upgraded to the highway acoustical baffles and they made quite a difference. The system is well worth the cash.

One caveat however is that the company went out of business, so there may be warranty issues. I hear they were bought out and will be released again under a new name, but have no idea if they will warrantee the old customers.

I got them from customdynamics.

Out of Business!!! I was going to order those baffles this fall.. Guess I'll have to search for them now. Where they worth the $106+?

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
blue_demon said:
View attachment 87557
Has anyone mounted this on their VRod? Where did you mount the amplifier and which speakers clamps were used? Thanks for the help.
do not mount it. Stick it down the front of your pants like I do and use ear buds...

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Thegeneral said:
I've got the 2wheel tunes - modified(bent) the brackets they sent to mount the speakers to the wind shield - put the amp under the fuse block above the rear cylinder.. '03 A.
Which amp are you using? The one I have is a piece of crap (but it was cheap - connection?). I'm looking for a better one.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What ever amp came with the 2wheels kit, silver with a mounting plate - Maybe 2x1.5x4 inches. Have had it on for about 12,000 miles, no problems..

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2 wheels site is gone. I'm still looking....

·
Dave
248 Posts
Thegeneral said:
I've got the 2wheel tunes - modified(bent) the brackets they sent to mount the speakers to the wind shield - put the amp under the fuse block above the rear cylinder.. '03 A.
I have the same removable windshield as you do. Do you only listen to to the spekers with the windshield on, or have you tried them without it? I only use my windshield on long trips, so getting enough sound is important considering the loud pipes and wind.

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of installing something on my rod I've been a little worried about added weight, current draw etc. The other side to the sub in the airbox is what size woofer, 8" would prob be max, then there is airspace for the woofer enclosure. I had the idea of using a 6 1/2 mid bass driver in a ported enclosure but frequence responce would be limted. I'm still pondering things, possibly modifing a Mulitmedia system but output volume maybe an issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts