Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Fuel Pak any good?or should I get the PC V? I'm going to run baffeless force style exhaust.My dealership is pushing the sert(becuase it is HD).They are saying the pc is not allowing the bike to throw codes.And I seen a number of people here say they don't like the fuel pak.I have a pcIII on my Dyna With no issues,but I can save $100. with the fuel pak. What should I do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go with what you know. If youve had good luck with the PC then odds are youll continue with that good luck. Dont cheap out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your right, I thought about it overnight.I'm going with the PC V.I like the idea of being able to add the auto tuner when I have the money.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
i did some research and found out without a doubt that if you use the sert that it voids your warranty if you have one. mine told me it wouldnt but harley says it will if they find out about it being on there if your bike breaks.

Seems they sent a regional rep to one of the dealers close by and they had been pushing the sert hard this yr and of course the Harley rep didnt identify himself and he talked to them about buying add ons for a bike and they told him about the sert and how happy their customers were with it. And then he told the owner who he was and asked for the VIN's of all the bikes they had installed them on so he could void their warranties and let the owners know they were void.

So if ya got a warranty go with the Power Commander.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good choice, I have a PC-V on my bike and it's great. for the extra $100 you will gain allot more functionality in case you need some extra tweaks.

I think your right, I thought about it overnight.I'm going with the PC V.I like the idea of being able to add the auto tuner when I have the money.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sounds like BS to me or a regional rep trying to get the moco sued under the moss-ferguson act. The regional rep down has no problems with typical warranty work with a "tuned" motor. Now it you happen to melt a hole in a piston from you homemade backyard tune then yes that's your fault and it wouldn't be covered but to blanket denial is absurd.

i did some research and found out without a doubt that if you use the sert that it voids your warranty if you have one. mine told me it wouldnt but harley says it will if they find out about it being on there if your bike breaks.

Seems they sent a regional rep to one of the dealers close by and they had been pushing the sert hard this yr and of course the Harley rep didnt identify himself and he talked to them about buying add ons for a bike and they told him about the sert and how happy their customers were with it. And then he told the owner who he was and asked for the VIN's of all the bikes they had installed them on so he could void their warranties and let the owners know they were void.

So if ya got a warranty go with the Power Commander.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To answer h2oV's Ques. yes New Roc is were I purchased my bike.I didn't talk to the service guy,but the salesman was bashing PC.And on the other hand my buddy just talked to the service guy at Moroney's,and he said PC was the why to go.Anyway just orderd the PC V.Had good luck in the past,so I'll give them another try.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
So many conflicting stories... Hell it makes it hard to decide. Thinking for now I am going to go with the PCIII USB to go along with the TABS and hi flo filter since its basic changes.

When I decide to take it a step further I will probably change modules and by then I wont care about the warranty anyway.

Sounds like BS to me or a regional rep trying to get the moco sued under the moss-ferguson act. The regional rep down has no problems with typical warranty work with a "tuned" motor. Now it you happen to melt a hole in a piston from you homemade backyard tune then yes that's your fault and it wouldn't be covered but to blanket denial is absurd.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i love my terminal velocity...auto tunes no maps to hassle with. and doesnt cost a fortune!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts