Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:notworth: Ok, just bought a TAB fueler and then found out that the unit will not work for the 1250 engine from the guys at TAB. I have also tried a GILs box and didnt have any luck with tuning it right. I have simple mods. Sampson Street Sweepers, topless, and a Stage 1 flash. Bike runs well, but Im almost positive it is really rich and doesnt get good fuel mileage. Please help with an idea that can get me going on the right path. Thanks:notworth:

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
SERT or PCIII

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts
PC III worked well for me and was simple (pre-turbo). SERT is a lot cooler can do a lot more with it but more expensive. I like that with the SERT you can adjust the idle which cannot be done on PC III.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, do I have to have the flash removed and set back to stock to add a PCIII? Or can I just map around it?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts
wiley81db said:
so, do I have to have the flash removed and set back to stock to add a PCIII? Or can I just map around it?
I have no experience with that - both bikes I mapped with the PC III were all stock but it seems feasible.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know anything about this??

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i would get the map back to stock before having it tuned with the pcIII

you will find more base tunes available for the stock flash and it will be easier on the tuner to tune your bike knowing they are starting out with a true baseline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts