Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have decided on a Fitzgerald slash cut and would welcome any and all advice on a tuner. Im also considering a K&N with airbox cover removed. Let me know what you think. I appreciate it.

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
I'm running the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak tuner with my Fitzgerald pipes. You know they are loud as hell and all of your neighbors are just going to love them too. :angeldev:

:vrodforu:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Love my Fitz Ground Pounder. I have a Power Vision with auto tune. I like it but if I were to do it again I'd buy the Daytona Twin-Tec

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
265 Posts
I use the ThunderHeart ThunderMax with AutoTune. Some guys on this forum would tell you to stay away from it but I like it. The best part about it is the autotune function. You load a base map, set a few parameters to your liking, such as rev limit, and let it go. You can transmit tuning data to the company and they will give you feedback or a map.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am in the same boat. I bought the power commander 5 recently but I only saw a couple maps available online. They were for mostly stock motors. I may be doing something wrong but I read about all these maps that are available and how you can retune if you change anything. I have the Speed Demon exhaust which is similar to the Fitzgerald but I think it may be louder, it came without a silencer cone and it is very loud:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Thundermax with Autotune also. I had been considering getting the Daytona Twin Tech. I really did not know much about making my own adjustments in the tuner software. A coworker, is a car tuner. He tried out the software, we checked out a couple of videos. never knew how to make changes to the map until I did that, once I did, it worked great.

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I am in the same boat. I bought the power commander 5 recently but I only saw a couple maps available online. They were for mostly stock motors. I may be doing something wrong but I read about all these maps that are available and how you can retune if you change anything. I have the Speed Demon exhaust which is similar to the Fitzgerald but I think it may be louder, it came without a silencer cone and it is very loud
FYI the PC3 maps can be converted/opened and saved as PC5 maps so these are also open to you to use

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I've read, don't waste your time on the air box mod. It breathes just fine. As far as a tuner. I run a Thundermax and a TTS on my RGU and Fatboy respectively. The Thundermax is easier unless you have a ping. The TTS allows you to use the knock retard to pin point it whereas the Thundermax doesn't use ionic sensing. It's more of a peck and pray. Don't misunderstand me, I love my Thundermax. I just wish they would add knock sensing of some sort. adown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts