Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please enlighten me.

Finally got 08AWA Anniv. model last Sunday. When I received the new bike, I asked dealer salesman if the front tire is tubeless, he said laced wheel always uses tube tire.
I basically agree, but I think I heard somewhere that this wheel is sealed to allow tubeless tire.
Is it true?

New 08AWA and old (sold) 04A side by side.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
If someone want's to drop by with a 2008, we can dismount the tire and take a look!!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I use to think that all spoked wheels have tubes; however, there are some special cases were they are tubeless.

·
Battery Guy
582 Posts
The answer to this will determine if I go and order a 08 Anniversary model or not.
I'm not keen on spoked wheels because of tubed tyres which I believe are only fit for classic cars such as E Type Jags.
Why oh why did'nt they fit a chromed, slotted solid front wheel to match the rear? Other than that I think this is the best looking Vrod ever to leave the factory, I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I'm willing to bet it's tubeless. Just read the label on the sidewall and it will state whether it has a tube or not. Most spoke rims are filled with an RTV bead to seal the spoked area now and to allow for use of tubeless tires.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
I'm willing to bet it's tubeless. Just read the label on the sidewall and it will state whether it has a tube or not. Most spoke rims are filled with an RTV bead to seal the spoked area now and to allow for use of tubeless tires.
:them: Tubeless for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.
Well I haven't even looked but I'm pretty sure the front tire itself is tubeless type, because it's the same Dunlop D208ZR as DX.
But at the same time I guess it's fairly common exercise to use tubes with those tubeless type tires to mount on conventional spoke wheels.
That's why I'm confused, but now I'm 90% convinced it's tubeless.

·
70's drag racer
581 Posts
You may be able to tell fron the valve stem. Is there a nut on it? Spoked rims are lighter and a life saver. They dont shatter on an impact like cast or billet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Guys! I´ve just received a 2008 front spoked wheel as a swap for my original slotted disc wheel from my 2006 VRSCD, ´cause I prefer the look of a spoked wheel, and those huge discs look awesome! And guess what? There´s a tube inside the Tubeless tyre; I had the tyre removed ´cause I´m getting the rim and hub black powder-coated.

There´s just a flat rubber ring protecting the tube from the spokes/nipples. But don´t worry people, it´s still designed to withstand the top-speeds that the Vrod is capable of...

Here in Germany, we don´t hang around on the Autobahns you know... ;-) I won´t worry about it havin´ a tube..

Cheers!
drake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts