Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back from the tuner today after 3 days & 30+ dyno runs.
This is a dyno I have used for a long time & I trust the numbers.
The dyno has a weather station which compensates for humidity, temp, altitude etc.
Many combinations of air filter, air box, timing & fuel ratios were used to arrive at this number so I am as confident as I can afford to be that this is as good as it will get using a PC.
For clarity I have quoted the hp in every form I know of.
The max hp was EEC = 109.9, SAE = 109.4, STD = 112.7, Uncorrected = 114.1.
The maximum EEC torque (standard pulleys) was 76.2 ft/lbs.
I've tried 2 other pipes; BUB 92hp, SE 110.2hp (both ECC).
I am expecting my JM to arrive any day, when it does & we measure the output I will post all my graphs for reference.
From the ergonomic point of view, I'm 5'8" & after burning **** out of my leg I was left with no alternative but what the photos show!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
OOOOUch!!! for the money......I will stick to my self modded and pc3. Still the best bang for buck.
Paul I hope you are bow-legged.
Cheers Derek

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
No offense,but something is wrong.I got 114hp and 81lbs torque with the ST's and pcIIIr.With my TT's, I feel alot more power through all rpm's,and revs faster than the ST's.And this is with a map for the ST's.
What kind of intake mods are you talking about?Topless or dual filter are the way to go.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Forget absolute HP number, let's see the two graphs. I'm curious how they apply the power.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
ARE YOU WARING ANY PANTS?I ride with my race Leathers"Race Pipe" and do have burn marks on them but thats what RACING is all about! :diablo:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I got burn marks on my leathers also.I'll find out how jeans work out when it gets warmer.The leather comes right off the pipes with Mothers Billet.

Mark,I can tell you this the power kicks in sooner then the ST's.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Your bike sucks man, I had the Rineharts on and it made 108RWHP and 79 lbs/Tq. I ran it toplss, SE Filter, Powercommander thats it. Maybe they can strech you out some so your leg doesn't burn, :chair: :spank: that looks goofy. I'd be ashamed to ride my V-Rod if I had to wrap up the header. :moped:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
VrodRick74 said:
Your bike sucks man, I had the Rineharts on and it made 108RWHP and 79 lbs/Tq. I ran it toplss, SE Filter, Powercommander thats it. :moped:
Man those are some pretty harsh words.Lets see the dyno sheets for this 108hp from rinharts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
mjw930, give me your fax # and i will send you my dyno sheet. I have tried in vein to get a copy on a disk, but can print it.
Cheers Derek

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Guys... If your not Kaz and DON't do the racin' thing...
Why would you do the TT's ??? I've thought long and hard about it
but it doesn't make logical sense to me.
I'm putting my Supertrapps on next Tuesday with PCIII usb and having
it Dyno'd at Glendale Harley by Marek (VROD guru) can't wait to feel the difference.

Peace.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
LENELSA said:
Guys... If your not Kaz and DON't do the racin' thing...
Why would you do the TT's ??? I've thought long and hard about it
but it doesn't make logical sense to me.

Peace.
My TT's pull harder than my ST's. :angeldev: They rev faster,they sound better(not like a glasspack sounding ST's)The power comes on sooner.they pull all the way to limiter(I need to raise the limiter).All this with a my ST map. ;)
I know the difference I switched from the ST's.Look at the dyno sheets posted, the ST's don't kick in until about 4500rpms.
The TT is a better street pipe than the ST's.IMHO :diablo:
there is more lowend torque.

How much did you get your pcusb for and from whom?just curious

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
oh, sure Vinny! Now that I've bought your ST's! :laugh: But Lenelsa: will you be sharing the map you come up with when you're finished with your dyno guy? I, for one, would be most interested.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Don't get me wrong I liked my ST's.It's just that I'm a freak for horsepower.You'll enjoy them.I'll try to get my map from the PC.but my bike is 50+ft away.going to the dealer tommorow,and hopefully there will be someone in service working,so I can get the map.

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
YES Vinny I agree, but as John (ketsugo) has mentioned in the past,
I won't be getting 3rd degree burns on my right leg with the trapps.

Keep in mind my brother.... It's a VROD already (it doesn't need that much help for a weekend cruzer like myself (how intense are you my friend??

REALLY ????????

Things that make ya go UMMMMMM.........

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
just raggin' ya Vinny. No panic on the map because Ketsugo John just got my payment so the pcIIIr is a good week or more away. But I will ROCK when we are done!

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
LENELSA said:
KICK HIS ASS Kerry !!!! :diablo:
oh ya. Meant to mention to you Lenelsa: best riding I've ever done is blasting through Topanga and other canyons over several winters a few years ago when my mom lived in Canoga Park. Went to the Rock Stop (Rock Pit?) many times of a Sunday for a cool one and to lech at all the bikes. Had a 600 Ninja down there and it was MOST fun!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VrodRick74 said:
Your bike sucks man, I had the Rineharts on and it made 108RWHP and 79 lbs/Tq. I ran it toplss, SE Filter, Powercommander thats it. Maybe they can strech you out some so your leg doesn't burn, :chair: :spank: that looks goofy. I'd be ashamed to ride my V-Rod if I had to wrap up the header. :moped:
Asshole.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vrodvinny said:
No offense,but something is wrong.I got 114hp and 81lbs torque with the ST's and pcIIIr.With my TT's, I feel alot more power through all rpm's,and revs faster than the ST's.And this is with a map for the ST's.
What kind of intake mods are you talking about?Topless or dual filter are the way to go.
Diffrent dynos give different readings. Is that 114 STD or SAE?
I got the best figure topless. We tested with various different length velocity stacks, including none at all. The best hp figure was with equal length stacks & topless. Suprisingly we got slightly more mid range torque without stacks.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts