Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently i have a 08 NRS with a TSSM. Can i purchase and marry a TSM to the ecu without any problems. I know it takes some time to "marry" it to the ecu. Im just wondering if I will have problems going from a tssm to a tsm

Thanks Kurt

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
would going with a TSM instead of the TSSM delete your factory keyless ignition?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess im confused by the factory keyless ignition. I currently dont have a key fob or anything. So doing this would require me to have a key to start the bike?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you don't have a FOB then you most likely already have a TSM. The second 'S' in TSSM stands for Security which is where the keyless ignition comes into play.

Do you have the HD factory alarm?
Do you currently have to put the key in the ignition to start your bike?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have a TSSM for the project bike and also a digital guard dawg. I was thinking of swapping, but there really isn't a reason to do so.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
It is about the same price to swap to a TSM from a TSSM, if you need another fob. While I like the keyless function, I fear losing or battery failure. RRight now, TSSM works, and I can get another FOB - but, should I??????

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
It is about the same price to swap to a TSM from a TSSM, if you need another fob. While I like the keyless function, I fear losing or battery failure. RRight now, TSSM works, and I can get another FOB - but, should I??????
I have two FOBs, one that stays in my riding jacket and the other in the safe. I had the battery fail on me once while out of town, but it was simple enough to manually enter in the code with the turn signal switches and ride to a store to pick up two CR2025 batteries.. Now I keep the FOB in my riding jacket, along with an extra battery.

If you have a working FOB, it is easy enough to pull your current code. I changed my code from the dealership default and added it to my phone under an arbitrary name in my and the wife's phones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts