Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of putting on a custom seat which is very low profile like an AGOURA custom. The TSSM module will require relocation. Does anyone know where is a good place to relocate that will be out of harms eye when parked and a good method of secureing the module?
THanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcolodny said:
See this thread:

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807

If you need more info, PM or call me. I'll trade you some TSSM relocation secrets for some "mass secrets".

Thanks I read the thread you referred and it definitely helps. WHen referring to relocating the TSSM to the airbox does this mean in the airbox or on the underside of it ? As for the trade, my book is being released as a hard copy in the next few months. Right now I could shoot you an online version.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
james1102 said:
Thanks I read the thread you referred and it definitely helps. WHen referring to relocating the TSSM to the airbox does this mean in the airbox or on the underside of it ?
The black airbox which houses the air filter. If you are not running toppless, make a small "U" shaped notch in the back of the airbox, in the lid (top part you take off to get to the airfilter). The wires go over the top edge of the bottom portion of the air box, then route your wires to the left side, with the TSSM module at the front, left corner. By having a upside down "U" cutout at the edge of the top lid, you can put the top on without crimping the wires.

What type of seat did you get?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jcolodny said:
The black airbox which houses the air filter. If you are not running toppless, make a small "U" shaped notch in the back of the airbox, in the lid (top part you take off to get to the airfilter). The wires go over the top edge of the bottom portion of the air box, then route your wires to the left side, with the TSSM module at the front, left corner. By having a upside down "U" cutout at the edge of the top lid, you can put the top on without crimping the wires.

What type of seat did you get?
I am making it custom. It is going to be low profile like the Agoura but a little shorter as I am looking at cutting back my rear fender for a 24o conversion. I am a little concerned about loss of cornering when doing the 240 conversion. I am told the bike will want to go straight in the corners causing front tire slippage? Is this true?
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts